Gibson Brands Forums

Just a man and his guitar

JuanCarlosVejar

The relationship we have with our guitars speaks a bunch about our personality .

It's a cool thing .Like having a best friend who can express what you are feeling exactly be it sadness,anger or joy (and anything in between):

JC

You nailed it, Juan. My guitars are an extension of who I am. For me, they are a perfect match for my music and how I want to express myself in the songs. I believe that anyone whose feelings about their music and instruments mirrors my own also considers those instruments and songs to be part of who they actually are as a person. It sounds a bit dramatic to the non-playing public, but I believe there's a real humanly emotional connection between us and our guitars.

You get to a point, if you keep at it, your guitar becomes your friend. At times, your best friend. Some lonesome nights - your only friend. Then, you can tell yourself - you're a musician!

I tell that to young people starting out. After several years - those who stick it out - realize it's true.

Love that guitar. Good photo - where is that flag?

Utilizing simple principles of photo forensics we note the following:

1. the bed in the left corner
  2. The Union Jack behind JC
  3. JC's left leg
  4. JC is left handed

Therefore, in answer to your question duluthdan, we can deduce with a high degree of confidence not only the city where the photograph was taken but also the following about JuanCarlosVejar:

He is a werewolf in London

Ah, Ooh! Draw Blood!

My guitars are an extension of who I am. For me, they are a perfect match for my music and how I want to express myself in the songs. I believe that anyone whose feelings about their music and instruments mirrors my own also considers those instruments and songs to be part of who they actually are as a person. It sounds a bit dramatic to the non-playing public, but I believe there's a real humanly emotional connection between us and our guitars.

Backed ^

And JCV, , , you need a to be served a Union Jack Daniels, , , as I presume that A-minor is starting up the Angie-intro. .

Archived