Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul 2016 proud owners post your 2016 lps here!!

Dreggz82

Thank you. We buried my parents about a year and a half ago. There was enough left to put a down payment on a condo and this was my housewarming present to myself. They'd be pretty happy with what I did I think

Oh I think so bro a payment towards a new home for your family for many years to come put a smile upon their face looking down from the heavens above! Rock on brotha!

I just bought a 2016 Studio T husk to do mods on. I had to do a little work on the fret ends to get it where I wanted it and I'm still trying to get used to a Les Paul without binding. I put in an old pair of Shaw pups and Faber hardware and it rocks. Has modern weight relief, it's 7 3/4 pounds, balance is fine. It has Gibson plastics, think I'm going to put gold reflector knobs on it.

image_zpsx2ihfj0r.jpeg

I just bought a 2016 Studio T husk to do mods on. I had to do a little work on the fret ends to get it where I wanted it and I'm still trying to get used to a Les Paul without binding. I put in an old pair of Shaw pups and Faber hardware and it rocks. Has modern weight relief, it's 7 3/4 pounds, balance is fine. It has Gibson plastics, think I'm going to put gold reflector knobs on it.

image_zpsx2ihfj0r.jpeg

God damn that's nice!! That was my first pick for the 2016s. I was all about the studios until the CAD $ took a spill, I had 3 studios picked out for 2016 until i seen the sticker price was $1949 I had to make other plans. so why not instead of 3 studios get the big one and save $500? Lol best decision I ever made! That's beautiful I hope u enjoy!!

God damn that's nice!! That was my first pick for the 2016s. I was all about the studios until the CAD $ took a spill, I had 3 studios picked out for 2016 until i seen the sticker price was $1949 I had to make other plans. so why not instead of 3 studios get the big one and save $500? Lol best decision I ever made! That's beautiful I hope u enjoy!!

thanks, I am having big fun with it.

I got a Faded Studio T on Jan 1, 2016 [thumbup]

Could not be happier with fit, finish and all around total quality of the guitar.

I would have gladly paid 500 more for this. I think 2016 will be a great year for Gibson! =D>

Appreciate Gibson offering this nice of a guitar, with no binding and Burstbucker Pro pickups.

The only pic I have right now.

post-75962-038588700 1454982538_thumb.jpg

Could not be happier with fit, finish and all around total quality of the guitar.

I would have gladly paid 500 more for this. I think 2016 will be a great year for Gibson! =D>

Appreciate Gibson offering this nice of a guitar, with no binding and Burstbucker Pro pickups.

Very nice! The factory photo they shipped with it ;) I have the same thing with mine. A must have to keep with the guitar.

Very nice! The factory photo they shipped with it ;) I have the same thing with mine. A must have to keep with the guitar.

Yes the factory photo ha!

I will get a frame and put it in with the birth certificate. Hehe

Can not say enough about the 2016`s, wonderful guitars at all price points!

I now have two lifetime guitars, I feel privileged to own.

Nice brotha!! She's beautiful!! I hope u have many years joy playing this beast! And I love those pics as well, they are like the Certificate of authenticity for your guitar!

image_zpsx2ihfj0r.jpeg

Gold knobs will look pretty good I think

I just picked up the same a couple weeks ago, my first Gibson.

I agree with everything Studio-T said about them, once I took it down from the wall to try it I was sold - and it has a unique look to it.

IMG_20160206_181646950.jpg

IMG_20160213_142808.jpg

Here's my 2016 Trad T in Honey Burst. I was one of the early ones to jump on the 2016s and bought her clear back on 9/04/15. I absolutely love this guitar. I've modded her some and had fun with her...she's my fav and my No. 1. Her name is Ursula (after the blonde bombshell Ursula Andress who was the first "Bond Girl" (Dr.No)...and whose character's name in the movie was, appropriately, "Honey Rider"). [tongue]

image_zpscttvfqgh.png

I just picked up the same a couple weeks ago, my first Gibson.

I agree with everything Studio-T said about them, once I took it down from the wall to try it I was sold - and it has a unique look to it.

IMG_20160206_181646950.jpg

She's a beautiful piece of work brotha! I hope you enjoy! /,,/

Here's my 2016 Trad T in Honey Burst. I was one of the early ones to jump on the 2016s and bought her clear back on 9/04/15. I absolutely love this guitar. I've modded her some and had fun with her...she's my fav and my No. 1. Her name is Ursula (after the blonde bombshell Ursula Andress who was the first "Bond Girl" (Dr.No)...and whose character's name in the movie was, appropriately, "Honey Rider"). [tongue]

image_zpscttvfqgh.png

Nice!! That's beautiful! How's the sound? And what are the pickups?

Nice!! That's beautiful! How's the sound? And what are the pickups?

Thanks! She sounds fantastic. Very lively guitar. She sounded fine with her stock pickups (57/57+) but I wanted something else. Anyway, the pickups are DiMarzio 36th Anniversary PAFs. Very nice pickups. I definitely recommend them!

image_zpscttvfqgh.png

That's a pretty guitar. Turn it up to 12

Archived