Gibson Brands Forums

I Love Winning Underdogs!

capmaster

Well, I'm not that into football (association football, soccer) but always interested in surprises. However, it's not about an absolute surprise here, rather about going on the way they did the final quarter of the previous season.

Leicester City play an impressive season duping all the experts who predicted them as relegation battler. Although without top success in the past, everybody must know the club as home team of former English international keepers Gordon Banks and Peter Shilton as well as of former international strikers Emile Heskey and of course Gary Lineker, a football legend in his own right.

Circa seven weeks ago Lineker promised to present the first Match of the Day next season in his pants should Leicester win the Premier League: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3360120/Gary-Lineker-states-present-Match-Day-underwear-Leicester-City-win-Premier-League.html

Considering the current league situation it is more likely than ever! [biggrin]

Go, Foxes, go! B)

No idea what you are on about. Something metric or on the wrong side of the road no doubt.

rct

[biggrin] Not at all lol... It's about a team that very few expected to be a winning one.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/leicester-win-premier-league-see-7321699

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35432933

If England and the Queen and other assorted Britishians thought less about soccer and more about Sherlock the world would have better television.

rct

I'm not sure the Queen truly does like football. I dont follow football., however I LIKE UNDERDOGS WINNING TOO

And Capmaster is from Germany.

Sherlock? Well I've read all the books. Does that count?

I'm not sure the Queen truly does like football. I dont follow football., however I LIKE UNDERDOGS WINNING TOO

And Capmaster is from Germany.

Sherlock? Well I've read all the books. Does that count?

Depends. Some purists hate the new things and some love them. The current show is written by people that love the books, so that's a good sign I guess.

rct

Well, I'm not that into football (association football, soccer) but always interested in surprises. However, it's not about an absolute surprise here, rather about going on the way they did the final quarter of the previous season.

Leicester City plays an impressive season duping all the experts who predicted them as relegation battler. Although without top success in the past, everybody must know the club as home team of former English international keepers Gordon Banks and Peter Shilton as well as of former international strikers Emile Heskey and of course Gary Lineker, a football legend in his own right.

Circa seven weeks ago Lineker promised to present the first Match of the Day next season in his pants should Leicester win the Premier League: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3360120/Gary-Lineker-states-present-Match-Day-underwear-Leicester-City-win-Premier-League.html

Considering the current league situation it is more likely than ever! [biggrin]

Go, Foxes, go! B)

Well, I can't say I was familiar with those teams or soccer in general. But I too love to root for a good underdog. [thumbup]

• 2 months later...

IT'S DONE! ONE OF THE BIGGEST ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL SENSATIONS EVER BECAME REALITY TODAY.

Leicester City are Champions of the English Premier League 2015/2016!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

As an American I understand it is a huge deal.

FZ that is an understatement.

I don't like football but even I am pleased by this, and the removal last year of Blatter and his cronies.

That was very good for international soccer, and this might even change English football a bit (although the club is owned by King Power, Thailand's 'leading travel retail group', based in Bangkok).

Congratulations Leicester(pronounced Throat Warbler Mangrove).

rct

Ah good point.

Leicester is pronounced Lester, just like Les P.

We also have;

Towcester - pronounced Toaster

Gloucester = Gloster.

Worcester = Wooster

Leominster = Lem(p)ster

And many more!

IT'S DONE! ONE OF THE BIGGEST ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL SENSATIONS EVER BECAME REALITY TODAY.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Yesterday I watched on ESPN that there was a local joke/curse that Leicester City would win their first championship only when they had King Richard's III body found. (His tomb was lost since the 16th century)

Well, it was found in 2012... [biggrin]

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I think what Leicester have achieved is incredible.

Unfortunately what I also see from this season in England and Spain is the death of beautiful Football. Leicester have fouled, kicked,dived and rolled around the ground in feigned agony to the title and Tottenham have done this also. We saw Athletico Madrid proceed to the Champions League football with a mentality like Leicester which is almost anti-football. It's a sad time indeed. :(

Look at this, a thread about twenty two men chasing a ball around a field in a forgotten little island off the coast of Europe going to two pages on a guitar forum .

It's amazing that of all the things Britain gave to USA, music, law, language,it didn't give football.

Now would you swap the Beatles for Manchester United?

Look at this, a thread about twenty two men chasing a ball around a field in a forgotten little island off the coast of Europe going to two pages on a guitar forum .

It's amazing that of all the things Britain gave to USA, music, law, language,it didn't give football.

Now would you swap the Beatles for Manchester United?

MORE SHERLOCK

Archived