Gibson Brands Forums

Slummin Saturday

RevDavidLee

Plays like butter. $200 with original case. The guitar is immaculate, no scratches, no scrapes, perfect. Played it for about a half hour and then grabbed it up. Not familiar with this brand and I don't own any other classical guitars so certainly not an expert whatsoever - it just plays beautifully and sounds wonderful. [thumbup]

Photos for your entertainment :)

GarciaGuitar1_zpsovguhfez.jpg

GarciaGuitar2_zpszuqricuz.jpg

GarciaGuitar3_zpssq6cpc8d.jpg

GarciaGuitar4_zpsr6f6s7jv.jpg

GarciaGuitar5_zpsrig5goqy.jpg

Hey Rev, Nice score [thumbup]. These guitars are dear to my heart. I still have my '67 Garcia grade 3 (my first good guitar). After showing "diligence and aptitude" LOL @ the age of 14, good ol' dad ordered it thru the recommendation of my guitar teacher for the Princely sum of $167.50 W/case. I still have the catalog and receipt in a SAVE file somewhere?

The Garcia came in 3 grades and was the budget/student model of the Sherry Brenner Casa line of imported classicals. The Segovia Ramirez being the Grand Kahuna! It appears that they started importing in the 60's and continue to this day, still based in Chicago.

The No. 2 that is offered today is said to be Walnut back and sides. Mine is African Mahogany. Yours is beautifull BTW....nice back!

Here is a link... http://guitarsofspain.com/index.asp the prices have gone up considerably, but the Garcias do not seem to bring a lot on the secondary mkt.

Play it in good health!

Thanks for the link and info within. Seems like I have read about this in the past. It's a shame that people like this sell product so deceptively. Buyer Beware at every junction I guess.

I have played Yamaha classicals that inspired me more than mine. However, mine has sentimental value to me.

My only observance is that they do not garner big bucks on rresale.Garcia or Yamaha.

Archived