Gibson Brands Forums

Super Bowl anyone?

saturn

Born and raised in Charlotte.

Panthers are a great team and will probably win. But I just think it would be cool if the old guy wins.

BTW. We have some oysters and are making some crab dip and have plenty of beer (Flying Dog). I have several squares in some SB pools so hoping maybe to win a little $. Gonna be a pretty big party on my street. B)

Yeah, I'm kinda sorry we have to play Denver because I like Peyton, too. They have a tough defense, and Cam has been known to struggle against tough defenses. Carolina was in one other Super Bowl... that was the one when Janet Jackson had a "wardrobe malfunction" during the halftime show. Seems to be what most people remember about that one.

The funniest Super Bowl party I ever went to was while I was living in Richmond, VA in 1992. A buddy was from Buffalo, and he threw a Super Bowl party. Of course, Dallas beat Buffalo 52-17, and the host was passed out in his room by halftime when it was 28-10.

Enjoy!

The funniest Super Bowl party I ever went to was while I was living in Richmond, VA in 1992. A buddy was from Buffalo, and he threw a Super Bowl party. Of course, Dallas beat Buffalo 52-17, and the host was passed out in his room by halftime when it was 28-10.

Hmm the guy probably was me! [biggrin]

Being a Buffalo fan is rough, especially watching teams like Carolina and Dallas win Stanley Cups. The Carolina owner couldn't get the games to sell out, so he finally opened it up to everyone. The Sabres fans bought them up like crazy. Sorry, but that ain't right. I lived in TX when Dallas won the Stanley Cup (it's still "no goal" to us!). I was so upset I went to a bar to get a drink. My wife was shocked because I don't drink. What got me even more upset is that they didn't even have the game on TV...and this was a sport's bar! Nobody in the bar knew that Dallas (the only hockey team in TX) won the Stanley Cup. But Buffalo fans are loyal to the bone. We will the Superbowl and Stanley Cup next year!

We'll be watching, just not sure whether it will be at the local bar or at home yet. My husband is rooting for Denver. I am torn because Newton worked his butt off in the past few years to get here, but this could be Manning ' s last hurrah. Neither of us is looking forward to the Snoozefest at halftime!

Yeah, rocketman, I'm not sure that pro hockey belongs in an area where you can't skate on lakes in the Winter, i.e. south of the Mason-Dixon line. But it goes to show how many damn yankees have infiltrated our hallowed ground. [flapper]

And I'm sure you remember that streak of Buffalo losses in the Super Bowl in the '90s. Snake bit, for sure.

I don't have a dog in this fight, so to speak, so I can probably watch this game without emotiional attachment. That said, not that I'm a Manning fan, but it would be nice to see him close out a career with a SB win (and at least tie his less talented little brother).

Carolina is an offnesive machne, Denver a defensive one. I watched Denver's defense just shut down NE so this could be interesting. Either way, no party here, just us and the game and some homemade Carnitas and Spanish rice!

I'm going to sit down with a bowl of chili and a couple beers and watch the first half. But, since the second half conflicts with Downton Abby here - I have to stream the second half to my computer and watch from here. My prediction is that Carolina will be so far in front at the half, I won't even have to bother with the second. Remember - I live in Houston - I've seen the Kubiak-Wade Phillips show before in big games and it's never been pretty.

I'm not a Denver or Manning fan, but the Broncos defense shut down the Panthers. I've always said, defense wins championships. Well, good for Peyton going out on a last good win. We ate La Casa Pizza and watched at home. The wind is blowing so hard, sounds like tree branches are coming down.

a bit after the fact,

watched it, I think I was the only one in my entire circle of fam and friends that felt all along the panthers would not win this.

not sure why, just a hunch.

then again wasn't much of a game if you like it wide opened.

it took forever too...

My observations: Caveat, I usually only watch the Superbowl for the commercials and sometimes the Half-Time Show, depending on who the artist is.

I was rooting for Denver, because my Brother-in-Law use to live there and he has adopted them as his team.

I also wanted Payton Manning to go out on top.

Lady Gaga's version of the Star Spangled Banner was AWESOME.

Military Bands' version of America the Beautiful was tear jerking.

Half Time show should have been just Cold Play. Not a huge Cold Play fan, but I like them much better than Queen B, and Bruno Mars. They stole the show away from Cold Play. They had their shows already in past Superbowl's... they did not need a revival.

Panthers got ripped off on the one play (incomplete pass). But, I was happy, 'cause I was rooting for Denver.

Commercials, for the most part, sucked again this year. Doritos was the only good ones. And, what happened to Budweiser? What a loss.

Oh and there was a football game... Good thing Denver had such a great defense. Panthers choked.

Half Time show should have been just Cold Play.

I'll go with that too. I do like some of what Cold Play has done, (first 2 albums or so,, they lost me after the Viva thing..) I have no idea what the attraction for "Beyond" is, I think she sucks, in large volumes,, but then again, I'm and old guy and at the age where I actually do yell at kids to get off my lawn. Bruno,, -- meh,, not into that stuff much either. I suspect both of these are age related, or I maybe just expect more out of the "music" part of the show, Beyonce is pretty much "content" free when it comes to that.

But good is good,, Gaga hammered the anthem.

and after listening to Cam stroll his ego out for everyone to hear and see during media week, I was happy they lost. The kid has a lot of growing up to do. (Keep the race card in your pocket dude.)

My observations: Caveat, I usually only watch the Superbowl for the commercials and sometimes the Half-Time Show, depending on who the artist is.

I was rooting for Denver, because my Brother-in-Law use to live there and he has adopted them as his team.

I also wanted Payton Manning to go out on top.

Lady Gaga's version of the Star Spangled Banner was AWESOME.

Military Bands' version of America the Beautiful was tear jerking.

Half Time show should have been just Cold Play. Not a huge Cold Play fan, but I like them much better than Queen B, and Bruno Mars. They stole the show away from Cold Play. They had their shows already in past Superbowl's... they did not need a revival.

Panthers got ripped off on the one play (incomplete pass). But, I was happy, 'cause I was rooting for Denver.

Commercials, for the most part, sucked again this year. Doritos was the only good ones. And, what happened to Budweiser? What a loss.

Oh and there was a football game... Good thing Denver had such a great defense. Panthers choked.

That sums it up pretty well. I'll add that Cam Newton showed his true colors as he always does whenever things don't go his way.

Archived