Gibson Brands Forums

NGD and my first Gibson LP

MPrice082

Hey all. So I'm new to the forums and new to the Gibson Les Paul world. I got my brand new 2016 Les Paul Studio Faded T in ebony a week ago and I absolutely love it. Now, I am by no means a seasoned player. In fact, I only know most of the major chords and some pentatonic scales. I'm 34 and started at 16. But, I was not a patient learner. I wanted to play songs, not the instrument if that makes sense. Now, many years later, I decided to get serious and begin taking lessons. I am sitting ok financially and decided to pull the trigger on a Gibson because I couldn't beat the price in a color I wanted.

I know one day I will be seasoned as many of you most likely are, but I wanted to take this opportunity now to own a beautiful guitar before prices go back up in the color I enjoy.

I do have 2 other guitars that I have owned since I was 16. One is a Washburn Shadow Series strat that I had modified as a youth with a Washburn humbucker in the bridge spot and I also have a 2000 Jackson KS2 my father bought for me that I have kept almost flawless all these years. The thing is, the Jackson is too flashy for me now lol.

Anyway, glad to be here and glad to own a great instrument!

Hey all. So I'm new to the forums and new to the Gibson Les Paul world. I got my brand new 2016 Les Paul Studio Faded T in ebony a week ago and I absolutely love it. Now, I am by no means a seasoned player. In fact, I only know most of the major chords and some pentatonic scales. I'm 34 and started at 16. But, I was not a patient learner. I wanted to play songs, not the instrument if that makes sense. Now, many years later, I decided to get serious and begin taking lessons. I am sitting ok financially and decided to pull the trigger on a Gibson because I couldn't beat the price in a color I wanted.

I know one day I will be seasoned as many of you most likely are, but I wanted to take this opportunity now to own a beautiful guitar before prices go back up in the color I enjoy.

I do have 2 other guitars that I have owned since I was 16. One is a Washburn Shadow Series strat that I had modified as a youth with a Washburn humbucker in the bridge spot and I also have a 2000 Jackson KS2 my father bought for me that I have kept almost flawless all these years. The thing is, the Jackson is too flashy for me now lol.

Anyway, glad to be here and glad to own a great instrument!

Welcome to the forums, and congratulations on the new guitar.

Have you got any photos to share? If you need help on this; just say so. Gibson accounts have very limited space for photos, so most of us use things like Photobucket.

Welcome to the forums, and congratulations on the new guitar.

Have you got any photos to share? If you need help on this; just say so. Gibson accounts have very limited space for photos, so most of us use things like Photobucket.

I did post pics on another thread with the same subject...for some reason my cell had issues creating the post and did it 3 times in a row :(

I did post pics on another thread with the same subject...for some reason my cell had issues creating the post and did it 3 times in a row :(

Hi & congrats on the LP. Hopefully it'll will feel inspire you to pick it up & use it regularly. Daily practice will reward you pretty quickly.

Archived