Gibson Brands Forums

Better Americana Style Guitar Player

JayinLA

I don't know what "American Style Guitar" is but the answer is Michael Schenker.

Yeah I wasn't sure about that...

Heres what the web says

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americana_music

Americana is an amalgam of American folk music formed by the confluence of the shared and varied traditions that make up the musical ethos of the United States; specifically those sounds that are merged from folk, country, blues, rhythm and blues, rock and roll and other external influences.[1] Americana, as defined by the Americana Music Association (AMA), is "contemporary music that incorporates elements of various American roots music styles, including country, roots-rock, folk, bluegrass, R&B and blues, resulting in a distinctive roots-oriented sound that lives in a world apart from the pure forms of the genres upon which it may draw. While acoustic instruments are often present and vital, Americana also often uses a full electric band..

And then theres a list of what it considers Americana which I wont bother copying.. But Ry Cooder is on there, hed get my vote :)

EDIT:(ok both him and Neil Young arnt exactly on the scene, but I didn't see that bit till just now [rolleyes] Still both great though :))

I dearly love the old fruit, but he is neither Americana or on the scene anymore. He did, however, invent an entire genre of music which was introduced with a little ditty called Revival. Once you heard that there was no going back!

dickey.jpg

rct

I dearly love the old fruit, but he is neither Americana or on the scene anymore. He did, however, invent an entire genre of music which was introduced with a little ditty called Revival. Once you heard that there was no going back!

dickey.jpg

rct

I concur.

Americana is a good name for something. Car name, airline name, medication name. It's got an "a" at the beginning and the end of the word. And that's a winner. If they called it The Americana News Network instead of The Al Gazeera News Network they would have survived. So I vote for Americana. [thumbup]

Archived