Gibson Brands Forums

A 73 goldtop deluxe with gold hardware?

buliwyf

I just noticed in an old Polaroid picture that the 73 deluxe goldtop Gibson LP i had had all factory gold hardware all except the pu covers is that unusual.i havent owned the guitar in some like 17 years but i took pictures of just about all my guitars with a Polaroid that was before we all had digital cameras and cell phones with cameras.I took a picture of a picture with my phone and I have another Polaroid and you can see the tuners were even gold.That seems pretty strange.i just plaid them back then now i check serial numbers and know a bunch more,thanks to the forums.Here's one bad pic of a pic what you think.BTW it's not a lefty like the 2nd picture looks like

d6d211e6-bdbf-4e57-b3ab-53086e92c05c_zpsq0977gvb.jpg

another bad backwards pic with other guitars i took years ago but you can see the gold tuners.

CCF12062013CCF12062013_00000_00000_zpsahkf24yc.jpg

I just noticed in an old Polaroid picture that the 73 deluxe goldtop Gibson LP i had had all factory gold hardware all except the pu covers is that unusual.i havent owned the guitar in some like 17 years but i took pictures of just about all my guitars with a Polaroid that was before we all had digital cameras and cell phones with cameras.I took a picture of a picture with my phone and I have another Polaroid and you can see the tuners were even gold.That seems pretty strange.i just plaid them back then now i check serial numbers and know a bunch more,thanks to the forums.Here's one bad pic of a pic what you think.BTW it's not a lefty like the 2nd picture looks like

d6d211e6-bdbf-4e57-b3ab-53086e92c05c_zpsq0977gvb.jpg

another bad backwards pic with other guitars i took years ago but you can see the gold tuners.

CCF12062013CCF12062013_00000_00000_zpsahkf24yc.jpg

The Beavis and Butt-head backdrops make those guitars even better

I'm amazed how much that def leopard ibanez destroyer 3 pu guitar is going for now.i sold it for $600.00 to a music store a few years ago. Seems like some demand for the 3 pu version,I'm supprised Ibanez dosent make a retro one.

Interesting indeed. Do you know how it came to be like that?

A few years ago (like 6?), I was looking at mini-hums in gold, but they were VERY hard to find. I'm not sure if the Gibson made ones ever were made in gold. I can't recall ever seeing a guitar with them, save for the Epiphones before Gibson bought them.

Or a Gold=top, or a Deluxe with gold for that matter.

I'm amazed how much that def leopard ibanez destroyer 3 pu guitar is going for now.i sold it for $600.00 to a music store a few years ago. Seems like some demand for the 3 pu version,I'm supprised Ibanez dosent make a retro one.

Ibanez is making Destroyers again, although not that exact one. And I think they are made in China now, but don't quote me on that.

Besides, good luck finding one with a Kaylor Trem. Did I spell that right?

I dont think Ibanez made another 3 pu destroyer after the origional,there's plenty of destroyers with 2 pickups but a 3 pu I havent seen since I owned mine.

I also never realized my 73 LP Deluxe had gold hardware until I started going through some old polaroids.I think that is strange and never would have thought they had gold hardware in a 73.Now that i know it i'm not happy i traded it for a 24ft pool.Is it worth any extra money because of the gold hrdware and is it very unusual especially on a deluxe.

Archived