Gibson Brands Forums

Joe Bonamassa

pappy

I must admit, I have come to study Joe Bonamassa quite late in the game.

I have heard of him for years, but never had the opportunity to listen to his recordings or to watch any videos of him playing live.

Quite recently though, I have taken the time to sit down and give a listen, and WOW.

Joe is a SENSATIONAL guitar player.

Man oh man.

Unbelievable chops.

:)

A lot of people like to bash Joe but I think he's great. Check him out on Facebook and Instagram. He's always posting little videos of him at home noodling on one of his incredible Guitars or posting gratuitous gear photos.

I like because he is a great player. I like him even more because he's very humble about his fame and his playing ability and is very good to his fans.

Yes , my first experience with Joe was a video when he was 12 years old playing with BB King. You have to laugh at the video, because Joe is making some really hilarious faces and the look on BB's face was priceless. What a thrill that had to have been to be that young and be invited to tour with the King.I saw that a about two years and and became an avid fan of Joe's.

I really screwed up two months ago as Joe played a very intimate venue here in the Atlanta area and I forgot all about it.It was an extremely busy time of the year for me and my family and I plumb forgot about the concert. [cursing] Kicking self in butt.[angry]But I am sure he will make it back this way again ,and this time I will not miss him.

I too love the fact that he is on a mission to help save the genre' and he is so humble...I also happen to love his collection of guitars...wow

By the way if anyone wants to see David Gilmour in Chicago in April send me a message I have three seats i am selling for the face value plus Ticketmaster fees I am not trying to make money just need to get rid of them.

I don't see the point in bashing, especially a guy like Joe, he is pretty much a "what ya see is what ya get" kind of guy.

You either like someone, or ya don't. I don't like the Stones, but I won't berate them or denigrate them.

They deserve all the props they have been granted. I just don't care for the music they produce.

I guess I digress.

Best to just leave the hate out of it is all I'm sayin.

unless it's rap, hip hop or that hoe Beyonce... then of course, all bets are off!!!

I played a jazz gig at an antiques fair 4 years ago and this guy came up to me and said how about some Satriani or Bonamassa. I said Bonamassa who? I'd never heard of him and didn't realise he'd been around for quite a few years. I also replied that sadly Satriani would be too full on for an antiques fair, even though I would have liked to do a solo version of Satch Boogie! I like Bonamassa's playing and he seems like a nice guy so don't get why people bash him. Plus he's got a sweet guitar collection too.

1455105631[/url]' post='1739308']

I must admit, I have come to study Joe Bonamassa quite late in the game.

I have heard of him for years, but never had the opportunity to listen to his recordings or to watch any videos of him playing live.

Quite recently though, I have taken the time to sit down and give a listen, and WOW.

Joe is a SENSATIONAL guitar player.

Man oh man.

Unbelievable chops.

:)

Me too, I haven't heard of him until recently, but loved what I heard!msp_thumbup.gif

Archived