Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson les Paul custom shop yamano handpicked

Hi, i'm looking to buy a Gibson Les Paul Custom shop "Yamano handpicked" serial number 92454. The seller tell me it's a Yamano and give me a number :Y-LPR9HPSTBNH1 but He can't prove it . I would like to know the specifications of the guitar, what kind of authentification I can have, the year of manufacturing and informations about the number he gave to me :Y-LPR9HPSTBNH1. I tried to check with the serial number of the guitar but I could not find it (what appears is year 1959) with the guitardaterproject.

post-76828-036605700 1455086541_thumb.jpeg

post-76828-017555500 1455086694_thumb.jpeg

post-76828-018249100 1455086774_thumb.jpeg

post-76828-001138400 1455086830_thumb.jpeg

Hello and welcome...

Those pics are way too small to see anything... I know you don't get much room on here for pics.. But what most of us do is use a photo sharing site like Photobucket and link from there.. If you use Photobucket use the IMG link it gives you once you upload and just copy it into the post...

Apart from that the best and probably quickest thing to do is email the pics and a serial number to Gibson Customer Service and they will let you know a bit more about it.. Sometimes you get an answer on here but not always.

Pink floyd,lol,,I'm out there,lol,,if you have any doubts don't go near it,,another one will come along just b patient,,you get them on gumtree now n then,,n you can go n try it out,,better than sending money to someone without trying it n losing out,,b safe,,there's lots of very good luthiers out there who make exact replicas from real lps 😤Defo contact Gibson,👍

I didn't get an answer to my emails either. It may be because their spam filters pick up anything with an attachment but I don't know.

As to the guitar, it has a COA as well as everything else and seems entirely legit to me.

The long number you were given refers to Les Paul Reissue 1959 (HP=Hand Picked?) and the rest of it refers - I think - to the sunburst tobacco finish and pickups.

But I am not an expert and have no idea who Yamano is, so - Forum members please correct me if wrong!

Can anybody help?

I'm fairly sure TB = Tobacco Burst.

I have no idea why other forum members haven't jumped in on this one.

I think it's a great-looking guitar and hope you get it. Neck profile might be fat though?

You could try reposting in the Les Paul section and you ought to get more replies.

BTW, who is Yamano and how come he gets to hand-pick Gibson Les Pauls and I'm just sitting here? :-k :-k

• 5 months later...

how I could demonstrate that guitar is a real yamano or not, just with the serial number (I repeat the seller don't have yamano's papers just custom shop)serial 9 2454. Or someone know an mail address sure to ask to Gibson , because I've sent several mails without answer.

• 3 years later...
On 7/30/2016 at 3:36 AM, rockfeles said:

how I could demonstrate that guitar is a real yamano or not, just with the serial number (I repeat the seller don't have yamano's papers just custom shop)serial 9 2454. Or someone know an mail address sure to ask to Gibson , because I've sent several mails without answer.

You probably didn't get a response because its a dumb question AND you aren't the owner you are a prospective owner as everyone is in the world! Plus a quick google tells you that Yaman is the Gibbo distributor in Nippon land. So every R9 bought in JP is a Yamano. Handpicked means that he or another person pick it out of say 2-8 Les Pauls at a Nipon dealer or maybe at the distributor themselves. This cannot be verified anywhere however. There is a rumour that Yamanos are the best or better but its just that a rumour. It's not like a Wildwood Select R9  or a M2M Madeto Measure that will likely have hand selected specific woods in the build.