Gibson Brands Forums

Gig bag for ES-335

GuitarNick

Hi everyone! I've been trying to find a good gig bag for my Epiphone ES-335 PRO. Most bags I find are only 41" tall. I measured the guitar and it's 43" long. I've had several people swear that a 41" bag is long since it's flexible and will stretch. But 2" is almost half of the length of the head. I don't want to waste the money on a bag that isn't the right size. Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for a bag that my baby will fit into? Thank you!!

My GC "Road Runner" bag measures outside (empty) 42" zipper to zipper, and fits my Gibson ES-345 just fine.

Thank you Larry! Correct me if I'm wrong but the 345 is same dimensions as the 355 with different electronics correct?

Is this the one you use? http://www.guitarcenter.com/Road-Runner/Roadster-Electric-E-Guitar-Gig-Bag.gc

Yes and Yes.

The Gibson 335, 345, 355 are all the same size, body, etc. I ASSUME the Epi models mimic those dimensions.

The bag you linked is the one I have. I bought it as a one-size-fits-all for carrying an electric over the shoulders while carry an archtop case in one hand, and an amp on a pull cart in the other. I use the same bag for various electrics I might need as the gig calls for.

I just double checked the fit to my 345, which measures out right at 42" long. You DO have to pull the top out a little to get the peghead in, but then it sets deep enough that there is no interference with the zipper. I find this acceptable.

If your Epi really is 43" (maybe due to the larger peghead), it might be a stretch (literally and figuratively), I think I would want to test fit before purchase.

• 2 weeks later...

Just me but I would never carry my 335 in a gig bag ~ case only

4H

Mine is actually an Epiphone 335. Valuable, but not quite as valuable as an actual 335. I need a gig bag to give me the extra hand when hauling gear. Otherwise, it lives in its hard case. Any traveling, in a car full of other gear or people for example, yes hard case all the way.

Archived