Gibson Brands Forums

EBM4 - New Tuner Suggestions

hoytster

Glad to see there is still some love for the EBM basses! I bought mine new in 98' and have been enjoying it since.

Anyways, one of my tuners decided to break about 15 minutes before a gig the other day. Does anybody have a suggestion on what tuners to buy to replace the stock ones? My bass is an EBM-4 with the 3 + 1 setup.

Glad to see there is still some love for the EBM basses! I bought mine new in 98' and have been enjoying it since.

Anyways, one of my tuners decided to break about 15 minutes before a gig the other day. Does anybody have a suggestion on what tuners to buy to replace the stock ones? My bass is an EBM-4 with the 3 + 1 setup.

I think Grover makes replacements that look just like the ones on this bass

I think Grover makes replacements that look just like the ones on this bass

The only one's from Grover that I can find that match the originals are the 144 series and I can't find those in a 3 + 1 configuration. Unless I'm missing where I could buy individuals? It looks like I could make some Hipshot HB6's work since I can buy those individually, but they won't have the factory look.

The only one's from Grover that I can find that match the originals are the 144 series and I can't find those in a 3 + 1 configuration. Unless I'm missing where I could buy individuals? It looks like I could make some Hipshot HB6's work since I can buy those individually, but they won't have the factory look.

usually, you can have an Epiphone dealer order you a direct replacement. they should still use those tuners. they look like the same ones on the Viola bass and Tbird.

Archived