Gibson Brands Forums

Jimi Hendrix's London Apt in restoration

JuanCarlosVejar

No idea what she's holding there but here's Jimi's FT 79 Texan from an auction in 2010 http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/17974/lot/190/

IR,

Exactly will also be displayed in a glass case in a seperate room in the apartment.The other texan is just a version done to mimic the way Jimi always had that Epi close by to play riffs and ideas.

JC

IR,

Exactly will also be displayed in a glass case in a seperate room in the apartment.The other texan is just a version done to mimic the way Jimi always had that Epi close by to play riffs and ideas.

JC

Yeah JC I get that, nobody's going to leave a guitar "worth" that much lying about. It's just that the guitar Ms Etchingham is holding bears no resemblance to the original, the shape and proportions are all wrong, whether that's due to a weird camera angle causing a foreshortening effect or something else, it just doesn't look right.

Grab you a handful of that guitarrón, sister.

From the Vinyl Factory's photos in the OP, looks like logic and proportion have long left that room. The proportion of the chair/bench thing seems to be a bit skewed, as well (guitar now shrunken):

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-13%20at%2010.40.53%20PM_zpszmqzmxyc.png

Go ask Alice.

Grab you a handful of that guitarrón, sister.

From the Vinyl Factory's photos in the OP, looks like logic and proportion have long left that room. The proportion of the chair/bench thing seems to be a bit skewed, as well (guitar now shrunken):

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-13%20at%2010.40.53%20PM_zpszmqzmxyc.png

Go ask Alice.

I think she'll know.

as for Hendrix as a guitar player, I'm sure he was probably the best at his craft. like other entertainers out there that had a way with there followers . but who really cares about his life.. or his place of residence.. its almost like minding there business.. not for which I care about.. yesterday is Gone.. the future is in front of us.. the pictures shown are hokey at best..

but thanks for sharing..

Archived