Gibson Brands Forums

Jeff Skunk Baxter

daveinspain

I had heard he was doing some sort of intelligence work for the government but had no idea… This is very interesting stuff and there are some other wild and crazy guys that he talks about who are involved as well… So if you have an hour to kill, well actually 37 minutes cause 23 minutes at the end is questions and answers from the audience, check it out...

Baxter was a member of an independent study group that produced the "Civil Applications Committee Blue Ribbon Study" recommending an increased domestic role for U.S. spy satellites in September 2005.[14] This study was first reported by The Wall Street Journal on August 15, 2007.

Baxter is listed as "Senior Thinker and Raconteur" at the Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition.

In April 2005, he joined the NASA Exploration Systems Advisory Committee.

I had heard he was doing some sort of intelligence work for the government but had no idea… This is very interesting stuff and there are some other wild and crazy guys that he talks about who are involved as well… So if you have an hour to kill, well actually 37 minutes cause 23 minutes at the end is questions and answers from the audience, check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GRkCyvIz70

Pretty cool stuff!

Considering this address was done in 2005, I suspect Skunk has likely changed his views on the war in Iraq. But, what this tells me is that we can still have a posture of being strong in defense and intelligence without practicing imperialism and intervention.

I enjoyed what he had to say about improvisation and creative thinking, tying them to music and a creative approach to an international strategy.

Archived