Gibson Brands Forums

NPD

surfpup

Finally gave in and got a Fuzz Factory.

fuzz_factory_v.jpg

So cool for over-the-top fuzz freakoouts. I see why Nels Cline keeps his up on a table. It's fun to tweak on the fly for sure. But it also does a nice beefy, controlled fuzz for when you need something more traditional. So far two [thumbup][thumbup]

Finally gave in and got a Fuzz Factory.

fuzz_factory_v.jpg

So cool for over-the-top fuzz freakoouts. I see why Nels Cline keeps his up on a table. It's fun to tweak on the fly for sure. But it also does a nice beefy, controlled fuzz for when you need something more traditional. So far two [thumbup][thumbup]

3 questions my man:

1: How much does it cost?

2: Can it work a a basic drive Pedal for that kind of "Since I Been Lovin You"- Best example of drive I need into clean channel.

3: Do you surf... If so....Where? I surf as much as I can. Only way I stay in shape anymore.

my friend has the box of rocks, which is a cool pedal. the video makes that fuzz seem pretty cool too

Yeah, the Box of Rock is like a Marshall voiced overdrive - very cool and useful pedal. In fact the Box of Rock would probably fit my gigging situation better, but the Fuzz Factory is just a whole lot of fun. [biggrin]

3 questions my man:

1: How much does it cost?

2: Can it work a a basic drive Pedal for that kind of "Since I Been Lovin You"- Best example of drive I need into clean channel.

3: Do you surf... If so....Where? I surf as much as I can. Only way I stay in shape anymore.

1. 179.99 - but used for around $130-140

2. Yes it could do that sound, but that's a bit like using a sledgehammer to drive a nail - a Tonebender might suffice

3. I surf - though not as often as I used to I admit. I live in St. Augustine on the N. Florida coast.

1. 179.99 - but used for around $130-140

2. Yes it could do that sound, but that's a bit like using a sledgehammer to drive a nail - a Tonebender might suffice

3. I surf - though not as often as I used to I admit. I live in St. Augustine on the N. Florida coast.

Badass...You Florida boys are crazy. There are all kinds of fish that bite over there. Shore breaks and sandy bottoms. I guess its a fair tradeoff coming from a Cali kid where the water's cold and all the spots are rocky and shitty. You swim for your life...literally.

Congrats on the Zvex FF. [thumbup] I only own one Zvex pedal - the SHO Boost.

Speaking of fuzz pedals - this is my most recent acquisition - Kendrick Amplification Buffalo Pfuz. The heaviest thickest fuzz I have in my collection. I have a butt load of fuzz pedals - love em! Enjoy your new Fuzz Factory!

DSCN1974_zps4d2ea267.jpg

Badass...You Florida boys are crazy. There are all kinds of fish that bite over there. Shore breaks and sandy bottoms. I guess its a fair tradeoff coming from a Cali kid where the water's cold and all the spots are rocky and shitty. You swim for your life...literally.

Jay - I live in California too and have about a million fuzz pedals. We should have a forum get-together sometime and nerd out on gear

Since I've Been Loving You sounds more like a cranked amp than a fuzz pedal to me, but Jimmy used ToneBenders from his Yardbird days all the way through Zep. Starting with the MKI, up to the MKIII

Archived