Gibson Brands Forums

question about lp traditional 2016 ltd edition

hoross

Burst finishes may vary depending on timber and how it is seizing mordant and stain during the process. It is always best to see the guitar in person. I don't own a guitar featuring it, but I love lemon burst finishes and would not be that picky with the hue. All of them I ever saw in person looked nice to me.

You had a LB Lester, and thought it was horrible....OK!

And now you ordered another with the same finish?

Now that's a good one!

Don't forget to come back to the forum when you have it.

Post some pics.

And then you can cry on our shoulders when you realize that evil Gibson has sold you a guitar with a horrible finish that you don't like at all.

Agree with Cap; best go and have a look at the guitar(s) in question. 'bursts can vary model to model, guitar to guitar, due to those reasons. Plus; if you compare something like a Honey Burst from '16 to one from '14 or '15; you'll notice that they are more subtle, at least from photos. Gibson does occasionally seem to change the actual process of applying a burst year-to-year; and then there are differences between Gibson USA and the Custom shop; LB on a USA always seem brighter to me.

So yeah; in a nutshell (sorry for waffling) go look and see msp_biggrin.gif

You had a LB Lester, and thought it was horrible....OK!

And now you ordered another with the same finish?

Now that's a good one!

Don't forget to come back to the forum when you have it.

Post some pics.

And then you can cry on our shoulders when you realize that evil Gibson has sold you a guitar with a horrible finish that you don't like at all.

LOL...looks like it's time for some more Horossment...... And while we're on that subject, wheres the pics of this one Hoross?

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/127245-gibson-les-paul-standard-2015/

And I quote " Yes i will put pics soon i Always got troubles to putting them here but i will soon trust me on that one im not a lying poser. "

Archived