Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone try the new Kluson G mount Revolution tuners on their Epi?

Skruch

About a month ago, I upgraded the tuners on my Epiphone Riviera Custom P93 guitar with the Kluson Revolution G-Mount Locking Tuners (KEDPL-3801N). Thus far, I have been happy with the new tuners and believe they have been an improvement over the Wilkinson 14:1 tuners that came stock on the guitar. The Kluson's seem to add slightly better tuning stability. While I still need to re-tune every now and then while playing, the guitar does not seem to fall out of tune by as much (if that makes sense). The Kluson's also look stunning on the guitar and the locking feature makes it easier to change strings. I am pretty much a beginner guitar player and don't play that hard, so I don't know how the tuners would stand up against more rigorous playing. Please know that while the screw holes of the new tuners lined up with what had already been on the guitar, the peg holes needed to be enlarged (reamed) to accommodate the bushings that the Kluson's use.

• 9 months later...

Are you talking about those tuners?

sg_sta32.jpg

Kluson Revolution machine heads

Yes, those are the tuners I was talking about. I provided the Kluson part number (KEDPL-3801N) in the post for reference. Next month it will be a year with these tuners. I am very happy with them. Everything I mentioned in my earlier post still holds true.

Does the version with "Tulip" buttons come in "Gold," as well? :-k

CB

Yes, they come in gold, nickel and chrome. These tuners also come with and without the "Pearloid Keystone Buttons" and with and without the locking mechanism. Some of the versions also come in black. Please be warned that if you are intending to put them on an Epiphone Guitar, the peg holes on the guitar's headstock may have to be enlarged, preferably reamed. I can't speak for all Epi's, but the peg holes on my Epiphone Riviera Custom P93 needed to be enlarged. Below is a link to Kluson's website for the tuners. As mentioned in my previous post, you may be able to find these tuners on everybody's favorite auction website at a discount to Kluson's MSRP. Good luck!

http://www.kluson.com/revolution.html

Yes, they come in gold, nickel and chrome. These tuners also come with and without the "Pearloid Keystone Buttons" and with and without the locking mechanism. Some of the versions also come in black. Please be warned that if you are intending to put them on an Epiphone Guitar, the peg holes on the guitar's headstock may have to be enlarged, preferably reamed. I can't speak for all Epi's, but the peg holes on my Epiphone Riviera Custom P93 needed to be enlarged. Below is a link to Kluson's website for the tuners. As mentioned in my previous post, you may be able to find these tuners on everybody's favorite auction website at a discount to Kluson's MSRP. Good luck!

http://www.kluson.com/revolution.html

Thanks, LJ! The guitar(s) I'm thinking of using them on, already have the larger peg holes. So, I don't think that will be a

problem. But, thanks for the heads up! [biggrin]

CB

Archived