Gibson Brands Forums

My 2005 SG is gone...

Kelvinator

I sold my 2005 SG last week. I listed it on Reverb, and she was gone in 4 hours! A sweet bass that I modified to my preferences; I hope the new owner enjoys it as much as I did.

It was a little hard to let go, but I just have not played the SG lately. I still have the '01 Les Paul, the '06 Double Cut, the '72 EB3-L, and 2 old Aria Pro II basses, The herd is dwindling, but I still play them all regularly. I've been selling cabinets and amps as well, and I'm down to the MarkBass SD 800, Fender combo, an old Yamaha (at band practice), '71 Traynor Custom Special (the next to go on the block) and 3 cabs.

I'm getting older, and I don't want all my toys to end up in a yard sale! msp_unsure.gif

BTW: Reverb is a much better place (and cheaper) to sell gear than eBay.

IMG_0195_1.jpg

I sold my 2005 SG last week. I listed it on Reverb, and she was gone in 4 hours! A sweet bass that I modified to my preferences; I hope the new owner enjoys it as much as I did.

It was a little hard to let go, but I just have not played the SG lately. I still have the '01 Les Paul, the '06 Double Cut, the '72 EB3-L, and 2 old Aria Pro II basses, The herd is dwindling, but I still play them all regularly. I've been selling cabinets and amps as well, and I'm down to the MarkBass SD 800, Fender combo, an old Yamaha (at band practice), '71 Traynor Custom Special (the next to go on the block) and 3 cabs.

I'm getting older, and I don't want all my toys to end up in a yard sale! msp_unsure.gif

BTW: Reverb is a much better place (and cheaper) to sell gear than eBay.

IMG_0195_1.jpg

It's never a happy occasion to sell off an instrument... but it's necessary, at times.

And yes. I've been using Reverb for the past couple years. Better audience, and lower fees. I'll never sell another instrument on eBay again.

• 4 weeks later...

Glad you have it back! I know you love those SGs; they are fun to playmsp_biggrin.gif.

Yes they are. The pups on this 2014 are awesome. The Super Bassman / Bassman amp helps a bit too.

Do you think you may get another SG in the future?

Yes they are. The pups on this 2014 are awesome. The Super Bassman / Bassman amp helps a bit too.

Do you think you may get another SG in the future?

I doubt that I would get another SG. I'm mainly a long-scale guy, although I really like the two 32" Aria Pro II basses I have. My Les Pauls and the old EB3L are the only ones that get to go out and play; I love the sound and the way they play. I'm very fortunate as I can go into music stores, look at all the basses, and leave without wanting any of them! msp_biggrin.gif

Archived