Gibson Brands Forums

Flying V pot shaft sizing

Zone

Hi everyone,

Forgive me for asking as I'm sure you have heard it all before but I am new to Gibson.

I'm ordering a set of EMG 81/85 for my Flying V - 67 reissue.

As it is just mounting into the pickguard - will I just need the short shaft pots?

I'm pretty certain if I buy the individual emg they come with short shaft, but the ZW set comes with long shaft pots?

Hi everyone,

Forgive me for asking as I'm sure you have heard it all before but I am new to Gibson.

I'm ordering a set of EMG 81/85 for my Flying V - 67 reissue.

As it is just mounting into the pickguard - will I just need the short shaft pots?

I'm pretty certain if I buy the individual emg they come with short shaft, but the ZW set comes with long shaft pots?

Yup you got it, you need the short shaft for your V, the ZW set are designed for going through an LP's carved top.

Legend,

I'll install them this weekend.

While I'm at it I wouldn't mind installing some locking tuners. I have them on all my guitars purely out of ease of a quick string change at gigs etc..

Can you recommend any that will drop straight in without reaming etc?

Its got the Gibson deluxe tuners at the moment with the hex nut at the top.

Legend,

I'll install them this weekend.

While I'm at it I wouldn't mind installing some locking tuners. I have them on all my guitars purely out of ease of a quick string change at gigs etc..

Can you recommend any that will drop straight in without reaming etc?

Its got the Gibson deluxe tuners at the moment with the hex nut at the top.

Sorry Zone, not a locking tuner guy, but I do know that if the shaft of the tuner is 10mm you will have to ream.

Archived