Gibson Brands Forums

GSS100 Bias pot replacement

Mrd34d

Recently I acquired a gss100 with a fried bias pot on the power supply circuit (set B 3002). Would anyone know where to find a suitable NOS unit, or a suitable substitute? It is 25 ohm 3w. Part # 925-013687 (according to Master service manual)

Here's the old one

rwhohh.jpg

Does the other side (or rim) have any mfg's code numbers on it?

It does but it's really hard to make out. I won't be able to get around to checking it more closely for a couple of days. Here's a older not very clear shot of it

213f3f7.jpg

Looks like no help there. If you could decipher the first three numbers of the one that ends in "31", it would at least give you the mfg, although I THINK I see a "7", which, if "137" would be CTS Corp.

I would go with the assumption that you're looking for a CTS part. If they didn't make that one, I'd bet they one just like it.

The number that starts with "7142" is most likely the part number. Now that doesn't even mean that's the mfg's part number, it could be the OEM part number, in other words Gibson's part number, not CTS's.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thanks for the info guys. Hell if I could find another gss100 with a good power board, I'd love to just swap em out.

Staring at the number on the left I wanna say it reads "578631"...am I wrong?

It probably reads 1378631. Like Larry said, 137 is the code for the manufacturer CTS and the 8631 would mean that the pot was made in the 31st week of 1986. The part number would be 7142. The only wirewound pots that I can find from CTS are the 026 series.

Good luck!

It probably reads 1378631. Like Larry said, 137 is the code for the manufacturer CTS and the 8631 would mean that the pot was made in the 31st week of 1986. The part number would be 7142. The only wirewound pots that I can find from CTS are the 026 series.

Good luck!

Idk about that pot being made in 86'...I mean...the amp is all original and from the mid 60's. Perhaps the number reads "6631"...that'd make a lot more sense

• 3 weeks later...

I apologize for goin quiet for so long. I've got a second kid now so it's been pretty hectic. Anyway I finally got that NOS bias pot ordered, and it arrived yesterday. Seeing the side by comparison between the new one and the old melted down one is insane! I'll be hopefully working on the amp today.

wiagdc.jpg

Archived