Gibson Brands Forums

New SJ-200's

TWilson

Is it still possible to buy a standard, "run-of-the-mill" SJ-200 or are all the choices now the Modern Classic, Custom Elite, True Vintage etc? Just wondering as I'm trying to figure out how much this chronic SJ-200 GAS is going to cost me! lol Thanks for any help.

From what I know, this has been the "standard" SJ 200 for the last few years, though I'm not up on Gibson models much any more... Maybe a wiser person can answer better.

I've never bought from FQMS, it's just they're one of the few Gib dealers who can still on-line advertise and post pics and specific descriptions.

FQMS J 200

Is it still possible to buy a standard' date=' "run-of-the-mill" SJ-200 or are all the choices now the Modern Classic, Custom Elite, True Vintage etc? Just wondering as I'm trying to figure out how much this chronic SJ-200 GAS is going to cost me! lol Thanks for any help.[/size']

The Modern Classic is the present "run of the mill" SJ-200.

TW, Hope that GAS gets resolved. I'm no expert, but my '04 "standard" SJ200 is more than I'd hoped it would be. I'd played only a small, old mahog LG1for Years, so I was taking a leap with this one when I bought it a year ago. I've found it has range. It can be loud or mellow. It took a few months for me to get comfortable with it. At first I was a little initmidated. But, although I'm average height, etc, I found the jumbo size no problem at all. G'luck. Jim

Thanks for the information everyone. Just moments ago I was lookng at them online. I just keep feeding the GAS and am helpless to stop! I keep vaccillating (illegal in Oregon) between Natural and Sunburst but have time as I need to save just a bit more of the ol' $$$$$$$ before I can pull the trigger on one anyway. I've already sold a Martin D-15 that I liked quite a bit and am eying another guitar that's sitting and not getting much playing time right now. I don't think I'd have the heart to even consider putting Mr. Jay 45 on the sellers block. A hog 45 and a Maple SJ-200 would get me through to my ultimate demise, dying at the age of 93 at the hands of a jealous husband. lol

At first I was a little initmidated. But' date=' although I'm average height, etc, I found the jumbo size no problem at all. G'luck. Jim[/quote']

yeah i really like jumbos but i'm kinda small (5'7":-({|= ) i've never been able to play one but love the look and the sound. how tall are you and how big would you have to be to not be eaten by the size of the guitar?

thanks guys

-the short guitarist (lol)

yeah i really like jumbos but i'm kinda small (5'7":-({|= ) i've never been able to play one but love the look and the sound. how tall are you and how big would you have to be to not be eaten by the size of the guitar?

thanks guys

-the short guitarist (lol)

In the state of Oregon' date=' a man must be at least 5'8" tall to leagally purchase an SJ-200. People are always getting around this by having tall people go in and buy them for them. It's a pity, really.[/color']

In the state of Oregon' date=' a man must be at least 5'8" tall to leagally purchase an SJ-200. People are always getting around this by having tall people go in and buy them for them. It's a pity, really.[/color']

well good thing i'm not in oregon :)

i'm off to go buys some frankenstein boots... and hope i grow another inch.

Wow is the reverse true since I'm 6'4" does that mean I can't own a J-165? although now that I think about it everyone does laugh when I play mandolin or a Uke I though they were laughing at the Ukelele maybe it's me huh? :)

they better be or i wouldn't be fair :)

you see guys this is why i like dreadnoughts so much - they aren't to big for the little guys (which now i remember playing a jumbo alvarez and it wasn't too big at all) and they aren't too small for those huge oafs i envy.

Lol

Archived