Gibson Brands Forums

Access Picks hitting Neck Pickup Trim

bloomk

I am having an issue where the inner most trim of the neck pickup comes very close to the strings (i like low action). I can adjust the pickup out of the way but can't move the trim. Any suggestions?

title should say Axcess.... loe stupid autocorrect

I am having an issue where the inner most trim of the neck pickup comes very close to the strings (i like low action). I can adjust the pickup out of the way but can't move the trim. Any suggestions?

title should say Axcess.... loe stupid autocorrect

Would it be possible to remove the pickup ring and sand it down a touch?

As you can see, the trim (or mount) is angled ?(like all of them are). Why is it angles so the thicker part is in the middle of the strumming area and not the other way (to give you more room to pick)? And what happens if you rotate it 180 degrees? Can you?

That's normal, typical for a lot of LP's.

Options are endless.

You can:

1) live with it, get used to it, like your other guitars/LP's you might likely have or acquire.

2) Replace the ring with a thinner one if you can find it.

3) Sand this one down.

4) get another one, save this one and sand down the new one.

That is to say, all Gibsons with the fretbaord joining the body flush (that would be nearly ALL electrics), and with humbuckers, are going to be the same thing. The strings of the neck pup are going to be pretty close there.

Might judge for yourself if it's a problem. It's not an issue with the guitar, but if it's an issue to YOU, then you might go ahead and do the easy fix to make it a bit better.

Archived