Gibson Brands Forums

What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

Mr. Gibson

Went to a health food store and bought stuff with no preservatives or chemicals on them, then had a chicken salad with veggies for lunch and a healthy beef hamburger that I cooked out on the grill. That was very good. Had it with corn on the cob.

• Upvote 1

1502855444[/url]' post='1875354']

A bowl of Cheerios, no sugar and skim milk, for the whole day. Trying to lose weight.

I'm on a diet train too, lost 9 pounds in one week, today was oatmeal for breakfast, vegetables and a chicken salad sandwich and a peach for lunch and a vegetable soup Deb made from weight watchers that was delicious for dinner with a lettuce salad. I have 6 more pounds to lose where the doctor wants me at.

• Upvote 1

I'm on a diet train too, lost 9 pounds in one week, today was oatmeal for breakfast, vegetables and a chicken salad sandwich and a peach for lunch and a vegetable soup Deb made from weight watchers that was delicious for dinner with a lettuce salad. I have 6 more pounds to lose where the doctor wants me at.

Only 6 more pounds... that's not bad. Good for you! I've got almost 20 more to go, ugh.

• Upvote 1

1503437821[/url]' post='1876790']

Only 6 more pounds... that's not bad. Good for you! I've got almost 20 more to go, ugh.

Thanks, I went back to hitting the weightlifting and that helps a lot. Diet is like 90% of weight lose and building muscle they say, exercise is 10% on either. It does help. So today I had 2eggs, hash browns and a slice of Chedar cheese for breakfast, lunch was 2 small turkey breasts, rice and green beans and some grapes. dinner was 2 small chicken tenders, Deb's delicious vegetable soup and a peach.

Thanks, I went back to hitting the weightlifting and that helps a lot. Diet is like 90% of weight lose and building muscle they say, exercise is 10% on either. It does help. So today I had 2eggs, hash browns and a slice of Chedar cheese for breakfast, lunch was 2 small turkey breasts, rice and green beans and some grapes. dinner was 2 small chicken tenders, Deb's delicious vegetable soup and a peach.

That's a good balanced diet for the day. Well done!

Hamburger and water

4H

Are you on a protein diet?

Sounds more like a high fat diet to me~

I was thinking of a diet like Atkins where you eat mostly protein and very few carbs. On Atkins I lost 35 lbs in 5 months and I ate steaks, eggs, cheese, hamburgers and even bacon. No bad changes in cholesterol either, and I felt good.

1503470468[/url]' post='1876839']

That's a good balanced diet for the day. Well done!

Thanks, they had me see a dietician and my wife and being both on the same thing, listened and went hog wild on this. So she explained that one half of the plate should be vegetables and those are free like lettuce, spinach, brockly, celery, carrots and so on, 1/4th of the plate should be meats and that weighed out to 3-4 oz of carbs so it's like fist size. And 1/4th of the plate should be grains, whole wheat grain is the best, white bread they say is bad for you, same with white rice and pasta. Use whole wheat grain. So that's what we're both on. We were used to eating out all the time and were shocked how bad those foods are. I have to get my cholesterol levels down. Today we tried a turkey hamburger and it wasn't really that bad at all. I put seasoning on it, garlic salt and hamburger seasoning and grilled it outside and added a tablespoon of barbecue sauce and a slice of cheddar cheese and onion with lettuce for lunch. Deb added a scoop of potato salad on the side with fruit. Then vegetable soup. Very good.

Goldtop2: don't quote me on it, but is there much leprosy in squirrels? Never heard of a single case. Can they even carry leprosy...?

Disclaimer, I'm not sure, so don't blame me if you get leprosy from eating squirrel.

It's not so much the disclaimer as that I had to type the sentence above. I'm fairly confident that "don't blame me if you get leprosy from eating squirrel" has never been typed, uttered, or even smoke-signalled before, ever.