Gibson Guitar Board: What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner? - Gibson Guitar Board

• (82 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

#41 User is offline   4Hayden 

• Just Jerking Your Chain
  • Group: Members
  • LocationAbove ground

Posted 20 March 2016 - 04:10 AM

Red eye gravy, ham , biscuits with hot coffee

4H

#42 User is offline   Mr. Gibson 

• Advanced Member

Posted 20 March 2016 - 09:54 AM

English muffins topped with butter and home made raspberry jam and a cuppa Folgers instant coffee so strong the spoon stands up in it.👅

#43 User is offline   Aster1 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationIowa

Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:55 AM

View Post4Hayden, on 20 March 2016 - 04:10 AM, said:

Red eye gravy, ham , biscuits with hot coffee

4H

Now "THAT'S WHAT I'M TALK'N ABOUT!!!" No coffee for me, but a great Tennessee breakfast from my days in Clarksville. Love it, just can't have REAL biscuits (except for Bisquick Glut. Free) anymore. [cursing] Short bread (biscuits & Cornbread) was by far my fav. breads hands down. Country ham & Red Eyed gravy (great for gravy boat Mashed Potatoes too) is beyond excellent.

Dang it's too close to lunch and now I can't have that today.

Aster
"Life is too dang short to eat ratty tast'n peaches!"

#44 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 20 March 2016 - 07:34 PM

Muesli for brekky and some of last night's left over beef casserole with toast for lunch today

I call 'em "L'overs".

#45 User is offline   Retired 

• The Ham bone is connected to the ........
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 March 2016 - 09:25 PM

Went out to Garden Caffe for lunch. I had a Hot Turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy and Cranberry sauce and ice tea. Dinner I made a large Chicken Ceaser salad with my favorite French dressing while I watched Robin Hood with Kevin Kostner.
Herman

#46 User is offline   Retired 

• LocationUSA

Posted 20 March 2016 - 09:56 PM

Digger said:

1458444915[/url]' post='1753131']
Chuckle...I'm responsible for my self control. not you so post away!

Speaking of self control. we were in town looking a some paintings belonging to a friend and artist with a view to picking one for a raffle. After we left I said I was hungry and that was it we ended up at KFC!

How bad was that?

I only eat that stuff about twice a year but each time I look around me Is see very obese people, it should tell me something~

I love the original Kentucky Fried Chicken when Kernel Sanders owned it. When I worked at Omaha Standard in Council Bluffs, they had one across the street I would go to and come back and eat on the sidewalk with all the guys off Broadway. We very rarely go their anymore but it's still good. There were a few fast food places walking distance across the street then plus they brought in a food wagon for the guys, so we had a lot to choose from. We may not eat at Kentucky but once in four years if that because my wife loves their cole slaw but can't eat it. She's milk lactose tolerant. She doesn't do well with milk or cheese products. Yea, I've been to some restaurants here and saw four to five hundred pound people inside eating and it makes me want to eat less and lite. My wife teaches water aerobics and she had three of them come to her class for awhile way back. They had to hook up a crane host to pick them up out of their wheel chair to put them in and out of the pool. They must have weighed over 600 lbs. maybe 700 lbs. they had special made very wide wheel chairs and they more or less slouched in them.
Herman

#47 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:49 PM

View PostRetired, on 20 March 2016 - 09:56 PM, said:

I love the original Kentucky Fried Chicken when Kernel Sanders owned it. When I worked at Omaha Standard in Council Bluffs, they had one across the street I would go to and come back and eat on the sidewalk with all the guys off Broadway. We very rarely go their anymore but it's still good. There were a few fast food places walking distance across the street then plus they brought in a food wagon for the guys, so we had a lot to choose from. We may not eat at Kentucky but once in four years if that because my wife loves their cole slaw but can't eat it. She's milk lactose tolerant. She doesn't do well with milk or cheese products. Yea, I've been to some restaurants here and saw four to five hundred pound people inside eating and it makes me want to eat less and lite. My wife teaches water aerobics and she had three of them come to her class for awhile way back. They had to hook up a crane host to pick them up out of their wheel chair to put them in and out of the pool. They must have weighed over 600 lbs. maybe 700 lbs. they had special made very wide wheel chairs and they more or less slouched in them.

Chuckle........... I reckon they're going to need a hoist or crane to get me off the boat next month, given all those lovely food sources!!

#48 User is offline   4Hayden 

• Just Jerking Your Chain
  • LocationAbove ground

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:02 AM

View PostAster1, on 20 March 2016 - 10:55 AM, said:

Now "THAT'S WHAT I'M TALK'N ABOUT!!!" No coffee for me, but a great Tennessee breakfast from my days in Clarksville. Love it, just can't have REAL biscuits (except for Bisquick Glut. Free) anymore. [cursing] Short bread (biscuits & Cornbread) was by far my fav. breads hands down. Country ham & Red Eyed gravy (great for gravy boat Mashed Potatoes too) is beyond excellent.

Dang it's too close to lunch and now I can't have that today.

Aster

I could eat it every day [drool]

#49 User is offline   LPguitarman 

• RUSH Fan
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:34 AM

I made Corned Beef and Cabbage with Red Potatoes yesterday, for dinner. I know, a little late, but my wife had a tooth pulled last Saturday and I waited a few days to cook this because she likes it so much.

Having leftovers for lunch today.
Posted Image
Guitars:

2007 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique GOW#2.
2016 Michael Kelly Forte Port X Partial Eclipse Acoustic / Electric.

Pedals:

Original Cry Baby Wah
Morley Power Wah Boost
DOD Stereo Chorus
BOSS DD-3 Delay
DOD Flanger
MXR 6-Band Equalizer
BOSS Acoustic Simulator
BOSS Chromatic Tuner
BOSS Compression / Sustainer
DOD Grunge
MXR EVH Phase 90
Original Voice Box
(2) Pedal Boards to hold it all (1) SKB & (1) Boss

Amp:

50 Watt Peavey Classic VT Series 2x12 w/ Scorpion speakers

#50 User is offline   Retired 

• LocationUSA

Posted 21 March 2016 - 01:21 PM

What is Red Eyed Gravy? Never heard of it. When I worked at BNSF Dwane there made the best biscuits and gravy I ever had. Then he quit and took up farming when he was left with the inheritance. Today the wife and I ate at The Noodles Company. I had tomato basil soup and chicken wrap sandwich rolls. Tonight it's Valentinos. It's quick stuff out to eat because of Babysitting and out for a free movie tonight. Busy day.
Herman

#51 User is offline   Mr. Gibson 

• Advanced Member

Posted 21 March 2016 - 02:24 PM

Grilled chicken with broccoli,peppers,smothered in honey and garlic sauce glass of whole milk.

#52 User is offline   jdgm 

• Now's The Time!
  • LocationIt's nice to be anywhere

Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:44 PM

Title of next thread along these lines - what midnight snack and how do you resist it (if you do)?
One largeish square of 81% cocoa dark chocolate. Blueberries.
Toast would be nice - mustn't.

#53 User is offline   Karloff 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:38 PM

Steamed shrimp, crab cakes & steak.
" Early morning sunshine, tells me all I need to know "

Posted Image

#54 User is offline   Retired 

• LocationUSA

Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:48 PM

Bacon cheese burger, onion rings and a salad at Chedders. Dinner was at Little Kings, 6" sub and chips. Another busy day out and about.
Herman

#55 User is offline   'Scales 

• Lurking at the threshold
  • Locationpeace

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:59 AM

Father in law is planning a big seafood BBQ for the family on Good Friday (he's recently back from a fishing trip to South Australia - Streaky Bay Dig) - so I feel like I should probably fast for the next 2 days [biggrin]
we had longer ways to go, but no matter, the road is life.
(me making noise)

#56 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:47 AM

View PostRetired, on 22 March 2016 - 07:48 PM, said:

Bacon cheese burger, onion rings and a salad at Chedders. Dinner was at Little Kings, 6" sub and chips. Another busy day out and about.

You say "chips" not "fries"?

Mate half way to being aussie already!

#57 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:54 AM

View Post'Scales, on 23 March 2016 - 12:59 AM, said:

Father in law is planning a big seafood BBQ for the family on Good Friday (he's recently back from a fishing trip to South Australia - Streaky Bay Dig) - so I feel like I should probably fast for the next 2 days [biggrin]

Sounds good! Any blue swimmers?

Streaky Bay.

Posted Image

Nice place, bloody long way from here but is an American's worst nightmare.....lots of big white Noah's!

#58 User is offline   'Scales 

• Lurking at the threshold
  • Locationpeace

Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:58 AM

I actually haven't asked but hopefully KG whiting! Maybe some razor fish (shellfish discs if you've not had them). It'll be good - I'm sure of that!
we had longer ways to go, but no matter, the road is life.
(me making noise)

#59 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 23 March 2016 - 01:32 PM

View Post'Scales, on 23 March 2016 - 02:58 AM, said:

I actually haven't asked but hopefully KG whiting! Maybe some razor fish (shellfish discs if you've not had them). It'll be good - I'm sure of that!

Yes I'd imagine KGW would be a possibility. We have travelled to Coffin Bay every other year for some time now as the whiting are easily caught there. Cowell on the way down supplies our bag of blue swimmers and I almost forgot, Coffin Bay has the most magnificent oysters! $8 a dozen and some of them were 5" long....bloody beautiful!

This is where we stayed last trip to Coffin Bay!
Posted Image

#60 User is offline   Mr. Gibson 

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:03 PM

Chicken,vegetables, on a bed of rice and a glass of whole milk.👅

Share this topic:

• (82 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked