Gibson Brands Forums

What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

Mr. Gibson

We took our friends out for Chinese last night.

We are in a small town in the hinterland on the Sunshine Coast in SEQueensland and there is a smal restaurant a few hundred metres away. Now I'm normally pretty leery of small town Chinese restaurants, and this one had only 5 tables, however it was pretty good.

We had some entrees followed by king prawn & cashews, Mongolian lamb and a really nice special fried rice. Nobody could fit dessert in.

Lunch at the bowls club was beef burgundy pie with chips & salad. Huge pie fought me to a standstill but was lovely. $9.50 was soooooo cheap!

For tea we had sausages, mash, peas, carrots & gravy followed by a fruit salad made from fresh tropical fruits bought from a roadside stall, and ice cream. Yum!

Lunch at the bowls club was beef burgundy pie with chips & salad. Huge pie fought me to a standstill but was lovely. $9.50 was soooooo cheap!

For tea we had sausages, mash, peas, carrots & gravy followed by a fruit salad made from fresh tropical fruits bought from a roadside stall, and ice cream. Yum!

Sounds like you are quite well again having got your appetite back...?

Take care Dig and bon appetit [smile] .......I'd gladly help you with the pie next time of course....

[thumbup]

Sounds like you are quite well again having got your appetite back...?

Take care Dig and bon appetit [smile] .......I'd gladly help you with the pie next time of course....

[thumbup]

I'm good thanks JDGM and reckon I'll be putting weight on for sure thanks. Then I dropped 20 kilos over the few months I was crook so could stand being a bit heavier, though not as much as before.

My mate Dave reckons I look like a different person from when we arrived here last Tuesday, and I take that as a positive comment...Grin~

Going back to the club on Wednesday so shall I save you a seat? (I'm paying)

Lunch was a turkey sandwich and grapes. Dinner was Lasagna and a salad. I was a inbetween snack to a swarm of Yellow Jacket bees. I was trimming the bush in front on a stepladder when they attacked out of nowhere. Got stung in the back of the neck, left tricep, left hand and right ring finger.

Typical lunchtime snack for me today - cheese (with onion chutney) on toast (home-made bread), big cup of strong fresh-ground coffee. That's it.

This evening; JM's chicken salad with olives and much more, followed once again by fresh blackberries with yogurt.

Blackberries are free for the next few weeks....

At the bowls club yesterday again in a group of 14 and for a change I had the beef pie, it was lovely and very filling.

Then I assaulted the chocolate machine, you know where the grab picks up small individual choccies and drops them in a hopper, and had to put $10 in coins through to "win" enough to supply the whole table. Not necessarily cheap chocolates but it was good fun doing it.

For tea we had left overs.