Gibson Brands Forums

What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

Mr. Gibson

Left over Shepherds pie for lunch and we went to the RSL for tea and I had a nice butterflied chicken breast with chips and salad. Smothered in mushroom gravy which is my fav.

Then I did something totally uncharacteristic, I had an ice cream sundae with caramel topping and crushed nuts! Yum!

It was two for one night where you got two main meals, in our case for $22, for both. This could become a regular Thursday night occurrence I think.

Kalbi and nakji bo-kum?

Exactly and tonight will be Galbi Jihmm at a different restaurant (my wife's spelling not mine [biggrin] ).

I've been working last week and today in our Koreatown location and she is staying with me. [thumbup].

Here it is: B4099B64-D545-4A27-85DF-E89F00E716F4_zpsoeqfuene.jpg

Exactly and tonight will be Galbi Jihmm at a different restaurant (my wife's spelling not mine [biggrin] ).

I've been working last week and today in our Koreatown location and she is staying with me. [thumbup].

Man, that looks so good! My mother in law makes galbi jihmm for jesa on New Years Day. The meat falls right off the bone. Great after a night of drinking.

Last night we had my wife's homemade budae jungol since it is getting colder here.

Man, that looks so good! My mother in law makes galbi jihmm for jesa on New Years Day. The meat falls right off the bone. Great after a night of drinking.

Last night we had my wife's homemade budae jungol since it is getting colder here.

It was amazing. Very rich and filling and the only bummer is that the restaurant is in trouble for the next 3 months for something (probably serving a minor) and there was no soju to be had.

I have to try budae jungoi. I'll ask my wife, maybe Friday when we go back. [biggrin]

One of the effects of the recent trip we had is that I am completely addicted to Asian food.

...only bummer is that the restaurant is in trouble for the next 3 months for something (probably serving a minor) and there was no soju to be had.

:(

More than a few Korean places in Chicago have changed to BYOB and my guess is that they lost their liquor licenses serving minors. OK with me because I can bring my own brews. We tend to drink soju when we go to anju places.

I have to try budae jungoi. I'll ask my wife, maybe Friday when we go back. [biggrin]

Its nickname is army stew since it is made with processed meats (Spam, smokey links/hotdogs, and bacon). The new trend is to add baked beans. Not high end food, but it is comfort food that will get you through cold winters.