Gibson Brands Forums

What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

Mr. Gibson

I'm trying to lose weight ATM as I'm too tubby and having trouble fitting into some of my pants!

I'm hungry all the time because for the last few weeks I've been cutting back on what I eat.

No snacks, one serve of main course (no seconds), nothing after mains! I don't ever eat dessert but was in the habit of sneaking a bit of chocolate or a few lollies after my meal craving something sweet.

Those things are now banned 'cause if they are here I will give i and eat them.

I've even got some jam filled lamingtons going stale in the cupboard, and I love lamingtons!! Not sure how universal lamingtons are so here's a link.( I love the jam (jelly) filled ones!!)

http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/24143/chocolate-lamingtons.aspx?o_ln=SimRecipes_Link_1&o_is=SimilarRecipes

So far I have dropped 3 kilos!

I was 85 kilos but at 5'7 1/2" it was too much weight to carry. I think that's about 13 stone.

So food threads need to be avoided or I will give in to temptation....Grin~

Had a cheddar cheese ,sausage , toast and egg omelet for breakfast .

4H

It's your fault 4H now I have just had 2 slices of toast, a rasher of bacon and some baked beans! Gonna have to go light on lunch now....Grin~

Well...some months ago you posted a pic of some fried eggs.

And plenty of fish.

And that nice outdoor oven you have.

Sunday morning is coming up; juice, fruit, cereal, eggs, bacon, home-made bread, coffee for me.

Since 60 and the male menopause a few years ago (it's real) I've been putting weight on myself...

Well...some months ago you posted a pic of some fried eggs.

And plenty of fish.

And that nice outdoor oven you have.

Sunday morning is coming up; juice, fruit, cereal, eggs, bacon, home-made bread, coffee for me.

Since 60 and the male menopause a few years ago (it's real) I've been putting weight on myself...

Got me!

About 10 years ago I damaged my back and all exercise came to a screaming halt. Since then the weight has been going on and as you've pointed out, I love food.

1458414910[/url]' post='1752982']

Roasted turkey and Gravy with broccoli,cauliflower,and carrots. Home made chicken soup sounds good Retired. You the cook?

Nah, my wife's a great cook and made it for my cold but your lunch sounds much better! Oh, the chicken noodle soup was great but I love Turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, broccoli and cauliflower. My favorite meal with chicken is my wife's Chicken and Dumplings, oh, it's to die for!!msp_thumbup.gif But Mr. Gibson, I am a great cook on some things, I do Chilli very very good.

1458419004[/url]' post='1752996']

I'm trying to lose weight ATM as I'm too tubby and having trouble fitting into some of my pants!

I'm hungry all the time because for the last few weeks I've been cutting back on what I eat.

No snacks, one serve of main course (no seconds), nothing after mains! I don't ever eat dessert but was in the habit of sneaking a bit of chocolate or a few lollies after my meal craving something sweet.

Those things are now banned 'cause if they are here I will give i and eat them.

I've even got some jam filled lamingtons going stale in the cupboard, and I love lamingtons!! Not sure how universal lamingtons are so here's a link.( I love the jam (jelly) filled ones!!)

http://allrecipes.co...=SimilarRecipes

So far I have dropped 3 kilos!

I was 85 kilos but at 5'7 1/2" it was too much weight to carry. I think that's about 13 stone.

Ha, sorry for your diet and temptation Dig. This thread I actually love. Best one yet I'd get on every day and keep going but if it bothers you we shouldn't temp you! I've lost weight due to my Bronchitis and haven't been too hungry. So far today I've only had one bowl of chicken noodle soup.

Ha, sorry for your diet and temptation Dig. This thread I actually love. Best one yet I'd get on every day and keep going but if it bothers you we shouldn't temp you! I've lost weight due to my Bronchitis and haven't been too hungry. So far today I've only had one bowl of chicken noodle soup.

Chuckle...I'm responsible for my self control. not you so post away!

Speaking of self control. we were in town looking a some paintings belonging to a friend and artist with a view to picking one for a raffle. After we left I said I was hungry and that was it we ended up at KFC!

How bad was that?

I only eat that stuff about twice a year but each time I look around me Is see very obese people, it should tell me something~

Red eye gravy, ham , biscuits with hot coffee

4H

Now "THAT'S WHAT I'M TALK'N ABOUT!!!" No coffee for me, but a great Tennessee breakfast from my days in Clarksville. Love it, just can't have REAL biscuits (except for Bisquick Glut. Free) anymore. [cursing] Short bread (biscuits & Cornbread) was by far my fav. breads hands down. Country ham & Red Eyed gravy (great for gravy boat Mashed Potatoes too) is beyond excellent.

Dang it's too close to lunch and now I can't have that today.

Aster

Went out to Garden Caffe for lunch. I had a Hot Turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy and Cranberry sauce and ice tea. Dinner I made a large Chicken Ceaser salad with my favorite French dressing while I watched Robin Hood with Kevin Kostner.

1458444915[/url]' post='1753131']

Chuckle...I'm responsible for my self control. not you so post away!

Speaking of self control. we were in town looking a some paintings belonging to a friend and artist with a view to picking one for a raffle. After we left I said I was hungry and that was it we ended up at KFC!

How bad was that?

I only eat that stuff about twice a year but each time I look around me Is see very obese people, it should tell me something~

I love the original Kentucky Fried Chicken when Kernel Sanders owned it. When I worked at Omaha Standard in Council Bluffs, they had one across the street I would go to and come back and eat on the sidewalk with all the guys off Broadway. We very rarely go their anymore but it's still good. There were a few fast food places walking distance across the street then plus they brought in a food wagon for the guys, so we had a lot to choose from. We may not eat at Kentucky but once in four years if that because my wife loves their cole slaw but can't eat it. She's milk lactose tolerant. She doesn't do well with milk or cheese products. Yea, I've been to some restaurants here and saw four to five hundred pound people inside eating and it makes me want to eat less and lite. My wife teaches water aerobics and she had three of them come to her class for awhile way back. They had to hook up a crane host to pick them up out of their wheel chair to put them in and out of the pool. They must have weighed over 600 lbs. maybe 700 lbs. they had special made very wide wheel chairs and they more or less slouched in them.

I love the original Kentucky Fried Chicken when Kernel Sanders owned it. When I worked at Omaha Standard in Council Bluffs, they had one across the street I would go to and come back and eat on the sidewalk with all the guys off Broadway. We very rarely go their anymore but it's still good. There were a few fast food places walking distance across the street then plus they brought in a food wagon for the guys, so we had a lot to choose from. We may not eat at Kentucky but once in four years if that because my wife loves their cole slaw but can't eat it. She's milk lactose tolerant. She doesn't do well with milk or cheese products. Yea, I've been to some restaurants here and saw four to five hundred pound people inside eating and it makes me want to eat less and lite. My wife teaches water aerobics and she had three of them come to her class for awhile way back. They had to hook up a crane host to pick them up out of their wheel chair to put them in and out of the pool. They must have weighed over 600 lbs. maybe 700 lbs. they had special made very wide wheel chairs and they more or less slouched in them.

Chuckle........... I reckon they're going to need a hoist or crane to get me off the boat next month, given all those lovely food sources!!

Now "THAT'S WHAT I'M TALK'N ABOUT!!!" No coffee for me, but a great Tennessee breakfast from my days in Clarksville. Love it, just can't have REAL biscuits (except for Bisquick Glut. Free) anymore. [cursing] Short bread (biscuits & Cornbread) was by far my fav. breads hands down. Country ham & Red Eyed gravy (great for gravy boat Mashed Potatoes too) is beyond excellent.

Dang it's too close to lunch and now I can't have that today.

Aster

I could eat it every day [drool]

What is Red Eyed Gravy? Never heard of it. When I worked at BNSF Dwane there made the best biscuits and gravy I ever had. Then he quit and took up farming when he was left with the inheritance. Today the wife and I ate at The Noodles Company. I had tomato basil soup and chicken wrap sandwich rolls. Tonight it's Valentinos. It's quick stuff out to eat because of Babysitting and out for a free movie tonight. Busy day.