Gibson Brands Forums

What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

Mr. Gibson

I've only met some Australians,they were farmers from I think Queensland,I could be wrong on that. They thought us American farmers had it made because of our subsidies and we had the winter off. When I informed them what a winter was like they thought differently after that....🌬

No subsidies here, it's all straight up and then they also have to fight a difficult climate, just not cold and snow.

Suicide rates among farmers here is very high.

How many chooks have you got SP?

We've got 4 and ATM we have two bowls full of eggs and are going to have to give some away as we will never eat them all.

I have 4 hens too. And I'm always giving away eggs. They can lay a dozen in 3 or 4 days in the warm weather since they are young and in their prime.

Carne Asada Tacos

Pretty close here; shredded beef (slow cooker) soft taco's, refried beans, homemade Pico de Gallo. Yeah, I know it's St Pat's day and I'm Irish (one half anyway) but I'm a sucker for Mexican food and lunch leftovers, LOL.

1489782508[/url]' post='1842288']

No subsidies here, it's all straight up and then they also have to fight a difficult climate, just not cold and snow.

I'm sure it's hard to make a living at it there. Here a lot of bankruptcies which just buys time. I've always went by it's not what you make,it's what you save. I've only bought one new piece of equipment which I paid cash for,the rest of what I've bought was older stuff which was dirt cheap that nobody wanted and fixed it up. And I'm tighter than a mosquitos a$$ stretched over a rain barrel so that helps too.

• Upvote 2

Looking good Rob!

Thanks Dennis, it was lovely eating out there this morning. Well except for having to chase next door neighbour's cows out. It seems I have a branch down over the fence that I have to deal with later. Cheeky bugger nicked a couple of my apples on the way out!! It's OK I have enough to share~

IMG_0678_zpspqsbybav.jpg

Mrs V and I shop at a local supermarket weekly and enjoy picking up 'end of day' bargains like cheese and sandwiches for almost no money....[thumbup]

So today's breakfast was...

Cheese and Tomato French Stick

Cheese, pickle and gherkin Bagel

Very nice indeed

V

:-({|=

1489782508[/url]' post='1842288']

Don't understand why so many commit suicide? Each year in the U.S. 44,193 Americans die by suicide according to AFSP "American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. On average, there are 121 suicides per day. Firearms account for almost 50% of all suicides. Well, it's Tax Time coming upon us again, probably there goes a bunch more!Hamburger with two strips of bacon, tomato and lettuce, garlic mashed potatoes and a small cup of beans with a squeezed glass of orange juice.

Don't understand why so many commit suicide? Each year in the U.S. 44,193 Americans die by suicide according to AFSP "American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. On average, there are 121 suicides per day. Firearms account for almost 50% of all suicides. Well, it's Tax Time coming upon us again, probably there goes a bunch more!Hamburger with two strips of bacon, tomato and lettuce, garlic mashed potatoes and a small cup of beans with a squeezed glass of orange juice.

Farmers here at times are facing harsh conditions, low fertility soil plus years of drought mean that sometimes when they are looking at losing holdings that have been in their families for generations, they cant face seeing it going to the banks. Very sad because they are really good farmers but just cant beat nature.

I have to have an egg on my hamburger Butch, no good without one! Aussies also love beetroot on hamburgers and if you haven't tried one, give it a go!

Roast lamb tonight!

Smells great!

Time for me to do the veggies.

Farming, particularly family small holdings can be a big challenge from year to year...

The supermarket accountants often gleefully run them in to the ground with aggressive demands regarding dairy and vegetable produce..(ridiculous 'perfect' shape for veg....low wholesale milk etc prices on a take it or leave it basis)

Many farms in areas of natural beauty now have campsites on their land....no bad thing and often very tasteful....

Respect to the farmers....!!!.....[thumbup]

V

:-({|=

• Upvote 1

1489905692[/url]' post='1842732']

Farmers here at times are facing harsh conditions, low fertility soil plus years of drought mean that sometimes when they are looking at losing holdings that have been in their families for generations, they cant face seeing it going to the banks. Very sad because they are really good farmers but just cant beat nature.

I have to have an egg on my hamburger Butch, no good without one! Aussies also love beetroot on hamburgers and if you haven't tried one, give it a go!

Roast lamb tonight!

Smells great!

Time for me to do the veggies.

Deb and I were somewhere and they put a egg on top of the burger but it wasn't cooked on top, just a little on the bottom and the white was still runny. Took it off then ate the burger. Like my eggs over medium but the yellow still runny inside some. We had a small mini pizza today.

Deb and I were somewhere and they put a egg on top of the burger but it wasn't cooked on top, just a little on the bottom and the white was still runny. Took it off then ate the burger. Like my eggs over medium but the yellow still runny inside some. We had a small mini pizza today.

I like my eggs runny but not the whites, that's ridiculous!

• Upvote 2