Gibson Brands Forums

Show your fabulous Emperor Regent

Sleeko

Here's mine --- the pics aren't great, but the guitar sure is!

EmpReg%20Right_zpsydctghmp.jpg?1458588560236&1458588561707&1458588563324

EmpRegLeft_zpsesqgolfk.jpg?1458588560236&1458588561707&1458588563324

It was previously owned by a pro jazz guitarist in San Francisco, who put the Tune-O-Matic bridge on it. I like how it sounds that way, so I don't plan to put another wooden bridge on it.

No association, here's one in the fabulous Vintage Cherry Sunburst for a reasonable price. Appears to be in great shape and good, positive rating for seller. Vintage Cherry Sunburst, umm delicious.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322053405492?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

CB3416FF-1616-41EA-A747-B8593E32DF61_zps19zsn1gj.jpg

Ha ha ha ok who won it? $450.00 was a great price. Bravo! [thumbup]

Here's a better picture of mine --- I had my camera out this weekend and took some other pics too --- see related thread.

Emperor%20Regent_zpsc4knfodi.jpg

Wow, very nice there Parabar. You can really see the arch in the top in this shot. [thumbup]

Keep your eyes peeled. A few weeks ago there were six at once. 😏

Yeah just had another look and found a few, as well as a very nice example of a Joe Pass model...

Interesting to note the differences in C-Rams two Regents:

F-hole shape and position,

pick guard color and shape, plus position of Epsilon,

Vine inlay on peg head,

Bridge position relative to f-holes

Both are very nice looking guitars.

In response to your comment below about the necks, my main peeve is I'm not as comfortable with the 25-1/2 scale as due to my hand size. It's great for leads up above the 12th fret, but a 24-3/4" scale is easier for me to play. My neck is pretty thin, with an almost flat area on the back of it.

I've heard that the F hole size affects the acoustic volume of the instrument. On my 1953 archtop Kay, it lacks a pick guard and has more treble response as a result.

Astute observations, jmendoza! [wink]

I think the sharper, wider f-holes are indicative of later model Regents; I would also bet that Epsilon placement is going to vary from guitar to guitar.

Did you notice the tuner buttons?

Unfortunately, the slim necks of these guitars are falling more and more out of favor with me - they're admittedly easy to fret, but I have archtops with substantially beefier necks, and my hands prefer those.

Mine is a 1996 Peerless one, with yet a different configuration of controls on the pickguard:

Emperor%20Regent_zpsc4knfodi.jpg

My blond '98 had this arrangement as well. Perhaps they overlapped in production. [wink]

Archived