Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson CS model??

post-77843-034594900 1459004931_thumb.jpgBought A Gibson guitar, and I'm trying to figure out the model number. It is the size of a Les Paul, carved out hollow body, 2 humbuckers, trapeze tailpiece, adjustomatic bridge, dot markers. It is from the Custom Shop, serial number CS 0440. Have been trying to find out the model number, but I've had to luck. Is anyone familiar with the guitar??

post-77843-035708900 1459038713_thumb.jpg

post-77843-042913400 1459038909_thumb.jpg

post-77843-088945500 1459069364_thumb.jpg

Please excuse me but I am not sure it is a Gibson - can you post a pic of the headstock front and back?

The best way is to use Photobucket, upload pics to there and post a link to the pic.

I'm very sure its authentic, considering where I bought it. Posted more pics.

Is it possible for you to upload the pics in high resolution to an account at a cloud photo provider and paste the IMG links into a post? This would allow for viewing them in full size.

Forgot to mention: Congrats, Rjp511, nice catch! [thumbup] And by the way, I STILL want to see some hi-res pics [love][biggrin]

[/quote

That's it!!! Thanks so much. I've been going crazy trying to find out what it was. I'll post some pics, but this old player needs help on the technology end, will get my daughter to help, maybe today. Thanks again!!

I got this about 2 years ago on a consignment sale for $1600. I've seen them, although not that often, for $2400 and up. I have a respectable guitar collection, including Les Pauls, 335's, and others, and this guitar doesn't sound like anything else I've ever played. Spot on for blues and jazz, even some rock. For sure, will never sell!! Thanks again for your help.

Archived