Gibson Brands Forums

Min E-tune spare parts

RobertAndersson

Hi,

I have a LP Signature 2014 with Min E-tune.

Last time I changed strings, one of the tuning head motors started without the head actually turning. Happened a few times, then it started working as it should again. Made me doubt the reliability of that motor.

Went to my local dealer, learnd that Gibson due to the fact that they now sold the tuning system will stick to a strict warranty only and will not provide spare parts unless it is proven failure. To my surprise, it wasn't easy to just buy a few spares since it is not a standard item at the Swedish agent. Still waiting for answer on availability and price.

Has anyone of you replaced any machines with the Min E-tune/G-Force system? What did it cost? Was it difficult?

//Robert

Hi,

the Min E-tune/Gforce is made by a german company called Tronical. Unlike Gibson, they sell not only the whole system for a huge variety of guitars, but also replacement parts.

You can find it here:

Tronical Store

Exchanging a tuning head is really easy, as it's only held in place by the nut at the front of the headstock.

So basically it's:

- Remove string

- Remove nut

- Take out the tuning head

- Install the new one, restring, tune, rock!! ;)

Just make sure that you follow the instructions in the manual about restringing, do NOT use an electric winder, it destroys the gears inside the tuning head!!

By the way, on the Tronical webpage you can download a much better and more detailed manual than the one that came with the guitar.

Hope this helps!

David

Archived