Gibson Brands Forums

new output jack for my GM4T

Sunnysal

I have a 1987 GM4T whose output jack is shot...I need a replacement. i have the EMG pickups with battery power, I understand the output jack is a stereo jack but not wired for stereo, instead the stereo layout is used to turn on and off the battery powered pick ups? can osmeone lead me to the correct Switchcraft part number to order? anyone know exactly how to wire it up? thanks in advance for the advice/guidance. T

I have a 1987 GM4T whose output jack is shot...I need a replacement. i have the EMG pickups with battery power, I understand the output jack is a stereo jack but not wired for stereo, instead the stereo layout is used to turn on and off the battery powered pick ups? can osmeone lead me to the correct Switchcraft part number to order? anyone know exactly how to wire it up? thanks in advance for the advice/guidance. T

You're asking the same question on all channels… although I assume you already got your answer, here it is again: Switchcraft EP0152. Wiring: Battery minus to the "ring" contact, ground to the sleeve contact, and signal output from volume pot to tip contact. That's it :)

Bernd

• 1 month later...

You're asking the same question on all channels… although I assume you already got your answer, here it is again: Switchcraft EP0152. Wiring: Battery minus to the "ring" contact, ground to the sleeve contact, and signal output from volume pot to tip contact. That's it :)

Bernd

thanks! bought and installed on my GM4T. warm regards, Tony

Archived