Gibson Brands Forums

N.G.D. Kinda

Aster1

I will admit that I've been REALLY less than impressed with my Epi EJ-200 cutaway. I love the case I got for it (Elite style with orchid fur) and the CE LOOKs really good. Playing has been good (after a pro setup from a Factory Warranty station. The sound I would describe as "DEAD" however. I haven't had him out of the case for about 1 yr now. Just decided to get it out and see how it was doing. Still dead sounding so I restrung it up with some new D'Addario .11's P.Bronze. It sounded pretty good so I've been playing it for about 2 weeks now. After some normal neck settling with the weather, it plays like a dream. But best of all, it is really sounding good now. I don't know if it just takes a poly finish guitar a long time to come around, and playing time helps it along too I know, but this is somewhat shocking on the transformation.

I was getting it ready to sell off at the slave market but not now. Esp. since I can't locate a non-cutaway version in an Elite or similar. Very happy with the sound now. It ain't no Gibson J-200 but for the $450 I have in this, with case, It's a keeper now.

Will try to send a snap shot of two of it w/case too. Love that dang case!!!

Aster

I understand the case fixation. My wife wanted to try classical guitar a few years ago, so I got her a 1961 Gibson C-1 classical. The guitar never much impressed me, but the original hardshell case was incredible. She eventually sold the guitar - no big loss - but I miss the case a lot!

Archived