Gibson Brands Forums

2008 custom shop V?

RolandJ

There is a 2008 Custom shop Flying V with custom branded Gibson HSC for sale locally. I can not find one on any site. It looks to be metallic red and looks very similar to a robot V. But... it only has only 2 knobs so it cant be a robot? The input and selector switch are in the locations of a same year robot but the 2008 robots I have seen have 3 (volume/tone/tuning) knobs?? I am wondering if it is a Chibson in a custom shop case? Can anyone confirm or deny if one was made or could it be a custom ordered V? Thanks.

There is a 2008 Custom shop Flying V with custom branded Gibson HSC for sale locally. I can not find one on any site. It looks to be metallic red and looks very similar to a robot V. But... it only has only 2 knobs so it cant be a robot? The input and selector switch are in the locations of a same year robot but the 2008 robots I have seen have 3 (volume/tone/tuning) knobs?? I am wondering if it is a Chibson in a custom shop case? Can anyone confirm or deny if one was made or could it be a custom ordered V? Thanks.

In 2008 Gibson did some guitars of the month, one of which was a V as you describe, not sure what colour options were offered, so quite possible it's legit. Pics are always good.

Hope that helps.

Archived