Gibson Brands Forums

A Les Paul Worthy of the Ancient Pharaohs

darling67

Well I wouldn't want to play that at a bar gig... :o

Its just way too much for me, as in the bling.. Never really been a fan of gold hardware, so...

Are these guitars made for people who can afford to live in Abu Dhabi or something? :D

Right the Gold-Bigsby is a bit much for me. That said someone will love it and I can see why.

richlite"?

Belugar Caviar with cornflakes?

The Deluxe Midtown too, and the 7 string SGs are new to me anyway.

I can see Slash dripping sweat all over one of those. He actually deserves one, so he should play it for the first few songs. And maybe on a night where he wears sweat bands instead of a stack of bracelets.

Hey you guys are talking about MY Guitar!!!! Just bought it from Wildwood and should receive it in two days.....wow! it weighs over 10 lbs so it's got to be a good sounding guitar I would think, with the 59 tribute humbuckers. Now I just need a gold sharkskin suit and gold frame sunglasses!!! What about shoes???? I'll post a pic when I get it, probably Monday.... It said 2nd day air but don't know if they deliver to door on Sunday.

Just wondering if anyone knows how to find out how many are produced in this "Limited" production. Wildwood called me to ask my tshirt size......wow the tshirt was $3999 and they threw in a Fort Knox Les Paul!!! ha ha. Wildwood didn't know how many are in the limited production. Wonder if there is a way to find out from Gibson just how many of certain limited production guitars are made.

Just wondering if anyone knows how to find out how many are produced in this "Limited" production. Wildwood called me to ask my tshirt size......wow the tshirt was $3999 and they threw in a Fort Knox Les Paul!!! ha ha. Wildwood didn't know how many are in the limited production. Wonder if there is a way to find out from Gibson just how many of certain limited production guitars are made.

Nah, unless they state it in the products description on the web site they don't generally release those numbers.

Actually I just had a look and this is what it says

Classy with a touch of "Bling", the Les Paul Fort Knox is guaranteed to make everyone's head turn. Limited Edition. 150 pieces only!

They are not kidding about the "bling" either. They should have gave you Ray Bans instead of a Tee-Shirt to help you sneak up on the LP. [biggrin]

If you were looking for a guitar that can't be missed, you found it. [thumbup]

Pretty cool though especially for Trem players. Man, you might pick up a Gold rhinestone suit blazer jacket, with those Ray Bans and that fiddle, you won't even have to play, they will be awed by appearance...heheheh. Some type of cross between the Rev Willie G and Elvis, a new beast stalking the stage.

Congrats, love GTs though!

Great! I'll see what number of the 150 mine will be. It will arrive this Tues. This site won't let me post a pic larger than 61.91K and says I've already used 438.09 of my allotted 500K....Can't imagine that... I only posted two pics.....one of the bridge post on the ES 335 and the other the LP Custom and that was it. So tell me how can I get this straightened out to be able to post a pic. I will bring the guitar for worship service at church next Sunday, but will be able to do band practice with it this Wed night....

Great! I'll see what number of the 150 mine will be. It will arrive this Tues. This site won't let me post a pic larger than 61.91K and says I've already used 438.09 of my allotted 500K....Can't imagine that... I only posted two pics.....one of the bridge post on the ES 335 and the other the LP Custom and that was it. So tell me how can I get this straightened out to be able to post a pic. I will bring the guitar for worship service at church next Sunday, but will be able to do band practice with it this Wed night....

You can post pics by uploading them to http://www.photobucket.com (its free and easy to use) once uploaded to there copy the IMG link it gives you directly in to your post (up to 10 per post).

OK, Just received her. Can't think of another name other than Goldie for her. The two pickguards are coming separately and should get them in the next day or two. Plays beautifully and Wildwood really set the guitar up super. Played through Fender CVR and Marshall DSL 40C. Certain she will play great through the Deluxe Reverb too! Here are two pics. I guess one pic. I got account with Photobucket and uploaded images but I can't figure out how to get them in this post, so I need help with that. Here is one and the I can't add the other cuz it will exceed 500K for both.post-77315-059143100 1461112712_thumb.jpg

OK, Just received her. Can't think of another name other than Goldie for her. The two pickguards are coming separately and should get them in the next day or two. Plays beautifully and Wildwood really set the guitar up super. Played through Fender CVR and Marshall DSL 40C. Certain she will play great through the Deluxe Reverb too! Here are two pics. I guess one pic. I got account with Photobucket and uploaded images but I can't figure out how to get them in this post, so I need help with that. Here is one and the I can't add the other cuz it will exceed 500K for both.post-77315-059143100 1461112712_thumb.jpg

Sweet, I actually think I prefer it without the pickguard..

And you can post pics by going to an image you have uploaded on Photobucket and you will see a bunch of links down the right hand side.. You just have to click on the IMG link and paste that directly into your post.. Up to 10 per post.

Yeah I was debating on whether to put the gold pick guard on it, it screws in with bracket. I like it without the pickguard also, but I don't want to wear the finish. I could use the detachable 3 ply pickguard when I play. It just snaps on and off. But you are right it doesn't look gaudy without the gold plated pickguard.

Archived