Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Blueshawk???

Golden

I have a recently made Blueshawk in blue that has a weird looking fingerboard on it .Is there something else being used in place of rosewood on these ?It is very smooth and tightly grained,could it be torrefied granadillo ?

Thanks.

The Epiphone spec page on the Blueshawk doesn't seem to specify the fingerboard material.. Epiphone Blueshawk Deluxe.

Quote From Spec Page.. "The Epiphone Blueshawk Deluxe’s Mahogany body has a contoured back and a Maple top with a AAA Flame Maple Veneer. Both the body and neck feature single-ply cream binding. The Blueshawk comes in three beautiful color finishes—Midnight Sapphire, Translucent Black, and Wine Red.

The Mahogany neck has a classic Epiphone SlimTaper™ D-shape profile with a 25.5” scale. The Blueshawk Deluxe has pearloid “Diamond” inlays, a 12” radius, and 22 medium jumbo frets. The f-holes and semi-hollowbody construction along with the “Les Paul” style cutaway make the Blueshawk Deluxe well balanced and easy to play with exceptional tone and range for chords and leads."

But Musiciansfriend Epiphone Blueshawk specs say Fretboard Material: Rosewood. [scared]

BHawkMSPOP.jpg

• 1 month later...

A few more months down the road on my comparison of my Gibson BluesHawk and my Epiphone Blueshawk. I am extremely disappointed with the finish checking going on the Nitrocellulose finish on my Gibson BluesHawk. My Epiphone Blueshawk's Polyurethane finish still looks excellent like the day I received in the mail and probably will never suffer finish checking. The Epiphone P-90 Pro's are louder and have a wider range of tone than the Gibson Blues 90's. Also the Epiphone's hum cancelling is seems to work much better. Once the Epi was setup correctly the only thing it seemed to be lacking was good tuning keys, which was easily fixed. So comparing an under $1000 Gibson to an over $500 Epiphone, the Epi has come out smiling. [thumbup]

Archived