Gibson Brands Forums

1966 or 1969 Gibson ES-330

Sodapop

I'm unsure about that stamp too. Sodapop, good job with the one photo, but it might help if you provide more photos of the guitar.

Is there no number on the back of the headstock? Is there no label inside the other f-hole?

My '67 ES-335 has a similar stamp under the same F-Hole..............

IMG_2021_zpsqvjqrjhi.jpg

My '67 EB-2 has a similar stamp, but its under the top, not on the back like the 330 & the 335..............

IMG_1843_zpsfgxn6alk.jpg

(I took the photo under the top with a WiFi Borescope.)

IMG_1845_zpsbvsyq8g5.jpg

I was always under the impression that the number on the 335 was a FON. It was special ordered with a Bigsby. It has a "CUSTOM" truss rod cover & didn't have an Orange Label. The EB-2 didn't have an Orange Label either. I think it was special ordered without the chrome hand rest. It never had one & no screw holes anywhere from one. Was there anything unusual on the 330?

1460833977[/url]' post='1761485']

My '67 ES-335 has a similar stamp under the same F-Hole..............

IMG_2021_zpsqvjqrjhi.jpg

My '67 EB-2 has a similar stamp, but its under the top, not on the back like the 330 & the 335..............

IMG_1843_zpsfgxn6alk.jpg

(I took the photo under the top with a WiFi Borescope.)

IMG_1845_zpsbvsyq8g5.jpg

I was always under the impression that the number on the 335 was a FON. It was special ordered with a Bigsby. It has a "CUSTOM" truss rod cover & didn't have an Orange Label. The EB-2 didn't have an Orange Label either. I think it was special ordered without the chrome hand rest. It never had one & no screw holes anywhere from one. Was there anything unusual on the 330?

Nice camera! Bright my ES to a local vintage shop and they told me that this type of stamping is fairly common. From the serial number and more from physical attributes they determined it's a 69. Here's a pic.

image_1.jpeg

Nice 330!! If you can see them with a dental mirror or something similar, you can check the pot codes to help date the guitar closer. This example is 1376929. 137 = CTS, 69 = Year, 29 = Week of Year.

DSC04305.jpg

• 2 months later...

Nice camera! Bright my ES to a local vintage shop and they told me that this type of stamping is fairly common. From the serial number and more from physical attributes they determined it's a 69. Here's a pic.

image_1.jpeg

Nice 330! I have '69 in tobacco sunburst that is a sweet player!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived