Gibson Brands Forums

0verlooked Custom shop Excellente reissues rarity

mooseguy

I won't name or count the numberless former Gibson and some Epiphone models termed rare, limited or scarce. However, almost always overlooked in this vein are both the 139 original Epiphone Excllente dreadnoughts and the equally rare 23 Excellente 93-94 reissues made by the Bozeman MT. Gibson custom shop. It is not difficult to understand why there is seemingly minimal interest in these truly great instruments. Due to their very small numbers,they are virtually unknown to both players and the guitar public alike. The interest in these guitars is principally centered among the equally small group of persons fortunate enough to have owned one or those other persons whose curiosity has been piqued by the infrequent articles that appear time to time about the vintage originals. In passing,and to my knowledge, almost nothing has been written regarding the exceptional Bozman Excellente reissues which,in their own right deserve the recognition that they have yet to gain. Strangely enough, a very limited number of these reissues found their way to Japan where they were highly regarded and collected. Should any one wish to learn more about the original or reissue Excellentes, I shall be glad to share what knowledge I have gained as an interested owner of both kinds.

Moose

EMail: d.dogs@verizon.net

Archived