Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul

Skye

Hello from Switzerland :-)

i bought this Gibson LP this weekend and i know nothing about it. The Identifier says it was build 3. Nov 1977 in Nashville.

Means, that its not from the Norlin Aera? Sorry, i'm coming from the Fender world ;-)

Thank you for your help,

Greetings from Swittzerland

Skye

post-78293-047612700 1461081866_thumb.jpg

post-78293-020072000 1461081874_thumb.jpg

post-78293-058980700 1461081883_thumb.jpg

post-78293-019842400 1461081902_thumb.jpg

Hello and welcome...

Yup.. Norlin era.... (I think 1969 to 1982)

Which seems to really divide some people.. A lot of people hate the way they built guitars then.. Some people think they are one of the best... Of course it comes down to the individual guitar (and player) really. So how does she play and sound to you?

Pretty cool though and looks to be in very good condition.. Congrats and happy playing [thumbup]

Servus aus Bayern, willkommen in den Gibson-Fora! [thumbup]

Congrats on your pretty Les Paul Custom. Looks good from here! [wub]

A friend and former bandmate of mine who sadly passed away last year had one like yours decades ago and finally sold her. Although he later owned three different Les Paul guitars, he regretted having parted with his Custom Black Beauty until the end.

Viel Freude beim Spielen Deiner neuen Gitarre! :)

Szervusz1 Skye and welcome to the Forums!

Very nice late-1977 (Norlin) Les Paul Custom! As said by Rabs, guitars from this era are not appreciated by most players or collectors. But, that's their problem. At least, us who do like them, can buy great guitars for relatively low price.

Best wishes... Bence

1The Hun version of saying "Servus".

Archived