Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson SG

marcello87

hey guys!

well, i found a gibson electric guitar on a roof. but i cant figure out what year it was build and where.

i tried the SN thing, but i couldnt get details. but maybe im too stupid :)))

It is INKED into the back of the headstock 960353!

thanks for reading guys, hope you could help me

Thank you guys...

what do you think how much a restoration will cost?

Your welcome. Tough question, perhaps someone else will stop by to help answer that better for you. Aside from the obvious parts missing the issue is labor cost. I can't really tell how the fret work is or the neck and the back of the guitar thus the finish. I don't know if the finish is a re-finish already but I don't think so.

Its as CB said above its a very interesting project and its a very cool SG.

Keep us in the loop on the guitar and we'll give you whatever on-line support we could. Its difficult to assess the labor-sanding-painting because of the neck and headstock/frets/fret-board. I can't see enough of it real well.

Holy crap!! That is an original Melody Maker 3 in great condition in t 1966 to 68. In the original case. Looks like all it needs is some pickups and a pick guard and some tuner bushings and bridge and it will be a $1500 guitar.

imgrc0070687816.jpg

StreamImageaspx.jpg

Thanks for so much information guys!

I'll sell it, in that condition,if you are interested tell me. otherwise i'll restoration it.

Your welcome, myself I have too many projects going on at the moment, but its a cool project someone will be interested in, cool guitar.

Are you playing, you might want to rock that SG?

Thanks

Yes, i play guitar. I have a few guitars here but im not sure if ill keep the SG for myself. That's why i ask for [smile]

I understand, you know they have an area here to sell instruments also? Definitely many will see it there. [biggrin]

What are you looking for $$$ on the MM?

Archived