Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite Pic Of Yourself?

Digger

I was going through some photo files this morning and found this photo of myself, taken a few year back but it's my fav I think?

I'm usually behind the camera so not many shots of me.

We were towing a caravan back from Queensland and stopped at a lay-by for a cuppa.

Robrockcls_zpslrqnwwgi.jpg

How about you blokes?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you tried uploading them straight to this site? Bottom of your open post as is when you are ready to paste pic in and follow the prompts down the bottom.."Click to attach files"

I haven't done it and am not sure of the limitations but it might be another approach for you.

I like this pic of myself.. Which is rare, as are pictures of me :)

Its a fair few years old now (about 10), but im stroking a lion cub (in South Africa), how often does that happen :)

rabs%20lion_zpsyz6e2okn.jpg

And I also got this amazing pic of a sleeping cub.. So cute (well as cubs anyway :))

DSC00356_zps0zqjelex.jpg

Favourite?

Difficult.

Can I have a couple of old favourites for starters?

Taken a few years ago. Me with 'my' (OK; my father's) Leica IIIb and 50mm f2 collapsible Summitar. This was to be a taste of things to come...

Me%20with%20IIIb_zpsvonsi7ty.jpg

Taken not quite as long ago as the first (but still around 30 years ago!). Me with my Leica M2 and collapsible 50mm f2.8 Elmar...

Me%20at%20Hastings%20Lo-res_zpsjegcdk7l.jpg

Pip.

One thing which seems to be a popular feature is some sort of facial hair.

Of the 11 respondents so far no fewer than 9 feature either a 'full-set' or a moustache which seems disproportionately high.

Is that a typical cross-section of the male spectrum of the world at large? Because the 'clean-shaven' look is by far and away the 'norm' hereabouts.

:-k

Pip.

H2O2 Tour, 2010. Drove from here at Atlantic City NJ to Seaside Oregon. Here we were at Tetons for a while, this is at Cunningham's Cabin. My 50th birthday during this trip. I have the Tetons on two fingers, both from the same jeweler in Jackson.

Grnd%20Teton%20Ron%20at%20cabin.jpg

rct

H2O2 Tour, 2010. Drove from here at Atlantic City NJ to Seaside Oregon. Here we were at Tetons for a while, this is at Cunningham's Cabin. My 50th birthday during this trip. I have the Tetons on two fingers, both from the same jeweler in Jackson.

Grnd%20Teton%20Ron%20at%20cabin.jpg

rct

Well that leaves us with quite a choice of gemstones to imagine on you fingers there RCT,

"Prior to 1975, only jade and a few agates were known in Wyoming. But within a few decades, Wyoming became the gem capital of North America with the most diverse collection of documented gems of any state in the US. A collection that includes agate, jasper; common opal, fire opal, precious opal, onyx, gold nuggets, pyrope garnet, spessartine garnet, chrome diopside, enstatite, kyanite, iolite, ruby, sapphire, peridot, diamond, specularite, apatite, minyulite, amethyst, aquamarine, jade, almandine, chalcedony, silicified banded iron formation, jasperoid, labradorite, grunerite, amber, chrysocolla, heliodor, varisite, specularite & others."

It's been many years since I thought that ANY picture of me was worth a darn, but this one will do.

A gig on the Tennessee River last September. Many hundreds in attendance.

Playing 'Shine' by Collective Soul on my old Ibanez hollow-body.

Great bandmates, good times.

:)

081118.jpg

It's been many years since I thought that ANY picture of me was worth a darn, but this one will do.

A gig on the Tennessee River last September. Many hundreds in attendance.

Playing 'Shine' by Collective Soul on my old Ibanez hollow-body.

Great bandmates, good times.

:)

I hope you got surgery to remove that microphone from your head

:D

Archived