Gibson Brands Forums

Loving my custom Lee malia

ChrisF

Just wanted to share my opinion after 1 month with this beauty.

I first got to say that I am a newbie so my opinion doesnt't have that much weight when it comes to guitars.

I can compare it to the other guitars I've had access to tho (mexican strat, mexican tele) and I gotta say shes in another level.

I also bought a gibson sg special 2016 a couple of days ago and I love them both. I've always considered myself an SG guy more than a LP one, but my "thing" for the Lee Malia has been growing deeper and at this point I couldn't choose the SG over the LP.

PS: I never cared much about Epiphone until now, and thanks to this guitar I'm even considering getting the Epiphone poster that came with it hanged on. [smile]

Nice one.. that is a sweet guitar...

When it first came out I posted a thread about it.. The title was the Epiphone that may as well be a Gibson [thumbup]

Love the look of them too seemed to be modelled on the Les Paul Artisan.

Happy playing man.

I tried one out at my local shop and found it to be a beautiful guitar to play. Very refined feel to the fretboard. Tuners were smooth and high quality. It sounded great and seemed to be very well constructed. It is definitely one of the best guitars that Epiphone builds.

Congrats on finding an instrument that motivates you to pick it up on a regular basis. A cut above the usual offerings. [thumbup]

Nice one.. that is a sweet guitar...

When it first came out I posted a thread about it.. The title was the Epiphone that may as well be a Gibson [thumbup]

Love the look of them too seemed to be modelled on the Les Paul Artisan.

Happy playing man.

I can see why you used that tittle.

Even with its price tag, which I first considered high for an epiphone,I decided to give it a go because it seemed a nice guitar and it mounted gibson pups after all.

When I ordered it (I had to do it online, since it's quite hard to find one brand new, at leat in Europe) I was expecting a very good guitar, because I had read many good things, but when it arrived...damn. Much nicer than what I was expecting. I really think Epiphone did a great job with this one, and think it's even cheap for what it offers.

Archived