Gibson Brands Forums

New score !

JeffreyO 46

IMG_3222.jpg

This past Sunday, I traded a Jasmine JO-36 to some guy on Craig's List, for this 1995 Epiphone PR-350. To say I got the better part of the deal, is a understatement. The previous owner told me that the action was too high and that it wouldn't stay in tune, which is why he wanted to trade. I took the stock bridge saddle, sanded it down and restrung her with a new set of Martin SP's and contrary to what he said, this stays in tune quite well. I guess he didn't know anything about doing proper setups. I've been playing for 43 years and own a few other acoustics and this one, just blows them away. It's a keeper !

Nice score Jeffrey - you definitely got the better deal - the top has aged to a lovely colour as well

Thanks. I've been playing for over 43 years now , and IMO, this is without a doubt, the best sounding Acoustic I've ever had. I also have 2 Fender acoustics , which are a CD-60-CE in mahogany and a DG-60 and this one just blows them away.

these are great guitars! nice find. if I remember correctly; these were the caliber of what Masterbilts are now.

If that's the case, great score. I have a Masterbilt AJ500M and would agree that for the money, it's just an awesome guitar. So if your's is anywhere near close, good on ya!!

these are great guitars! nice find. if I remember correctly; these were the caliber of what Masterbilts are now.

Wow, I did not know that. I guess I really got lucky here. The tone on this is just astounding. The only thing I did to it when I got it, was to clean the fretboard with some Lemon oil and then sand down the bridge saddle a bit cause, the action was very high.

Archived