Gibson Brands Forums

this just did not happen!

kidblast

I was cleaning one of those machines that makes pasta out of zuchinni, there was a small blade I did not see..

wups...

it's about 1/2 inch long, starts from the outer side of the finger to the center, I may be able to use a pick, but there is no finger picking possible. the doc said to not put pressue on it for at least 7 days,

I can take the dressing off this afternoon,, supposed to be jamming tonight,

I could use of course other fingers, but my powers of awesomeness will be greatly reduced with out the index finger available!!! oh the humanity!

Hmmm....

As I broke my phalanx while wiping the dust, lots of people gave me the same advice: don't wipe the dust!

I start to believe that guitar players shouldn't do such risky things!

Get well!

ha! yea.. the doc that stitched me up noticed a scar on the same hand asked what it was from,

a knife cut from 10 years ago, we bought new knives and the packaging sort of caused a freak accident.

she says : You maybe should do more take out!!!

thanks for the kind words brothers.

It will be a long tortuous few days with out being able to play guitar..

I expect I can get around a bit on the 88s sooner..

Trying some differnet types of band aids but all them just will get in the way of the strings.

what a buzz kill.

I have a family wedding service that I need to play at in about 4 weeks, by then, this will be a memory, just glad that it is not THIS weekend.

Helping with the kitchen cleanup tonight, managed to slice the tip of my index finger requiring 4 stitches (Picking hand...) grounded for about 2 weeks. Could be worse I guess, , damn!

OUCH, sorry to hear this. You're right, it could have been worse, it could have been your Fretting Hand.

Helping with the kitchen cleanup tonight, managed to slice the tip of my index finger requiring 4 stitches (Picking hand...) grounded for about 2 weeks. Could be worse I guess, , damn!

Yes, it could be worse. Five or six years ago, I was slicing a potato with a kitchen Mandoline (basically a veggie guillotine) Link:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cuisinart-Ctg00Man-Mandoline-Slicer/38444416?action=product_interest&action_type=title&item_id=38444416&placement_id=irs-106-t1&strategy=PWVAV&visitor_id&category=&client_guid=5b9be379-569d-450c-a41f-e16dc1443763&customer_id_enc&config_id=106&parent_item_id=41486490&parent_anchor_item_id=41486490&guid=66c869c1-8fde-48f0-99e0-a27363dc55ab&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&beacon_version=1.0.1&findingMethod=p13n

About the time my brain thought about using the guard, I neatly sliced off just the slightest bit of the tip of each of my picking hands thumb, index and middle fingers. [scared] OUCH and an emergency room trip later, I was out of action for about 3 weeks. Really dug into theory during that time, and I've used that guard ever since!

The bright side, if there was one, is that I learned if you're bleeding really bad, you get to go to the front of the ER line LOL.

Rev,,, Sage advice indeed!!! LOL!

Dennis, in a previous dispute with a box of new kitchen knives, yet another mishap to the heel of my right hand, that was 10 stitches, (about 10 years ago).

you're right, if you are in fact bleeding profusely, (I was!) they will tend to you pretty quickly...

it's healing up, so all will be well, can feel the tip just fine so nothing long term going on.

Those mandolin slicers are crap IMO, I had one. Dangerous and inefficient.

With me it was using a sharp knife to get an avocado stone out. Few years ago. Hold half avocado in left hand, try and poke knife into stone with right....you can guess the rest. Thumb muscle.

I learn each time but there's always a new way to do it, usually involving some labour-saving device and such.

The singer/2nd guitarist in my band was recently pruning his lavender the 'correct' way...holding a bunch up with his left hand and swiping inwards with a billhook held in his right....(facepalm emoticon)...so I played all the guitar parts on the next gig and rehearsals ](*,) ](*,)

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it...or something.

BTW I never tried playing (slide) guitar using my..uh... [laugh] [laugh]

Archived