Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone NO-390 (NV-390) Nova Series by Norlin

Excellente

Just picked up a beautiful 1977 Epiphone NO-390 acoustic made by Norlin and manufactured in Japan. Solid spruce top with indian rosewood body. This is the top-of-the-line model that features ebony bridge and fretboard with the classic "cloud" inlay like the old Epi Deluxe's and later FT-120 Excellente. Fantastic guitar with a beautiful rich tone.

The Nova Series guitars came with the option of a pickguard (see attached image) and I'd like to locate one. If anyone our there happens to have one, please message me.

- Peter

post-19708-009506900 1461890276_thumb.jpg

Just picked up a beautiful 1977 Epiphone NO-390 acoustic made by Norlin and manufactured in Japan. Solid spruce top with indian rosewood body. This is the top-of-the-line model that features ebony bridge and fretboard with the classic "cloud" inlay like the old Epi Deluxe's and later FT-120 Excellente. Fantastic guitar with a beautiful rich tone.

The Nova Series guitars came with the option of a pickguard (see attached image) and I'd like to locate one. If anyone our there happens to have one, please message me.

- Peter

it may be hard to find one of those. have you considered buying some pickguard material and cutting your own?

it may be hard to find one of those. have you considered buying some pickguard material and cutting your own?

Yes and I came across a company, which will make one custom to your specs. I would need a good straight-on photo of it. Then I could print it, cut it out and play with the size until it looked right on my guitar. I've actually seen some NOS pickguards for these guitars floating around at guitar shows and occasionally on eBay so I was hoping someone had one or knew where I might find one.

Yes and I came across a company, which will make one custom to your specs. I would need a good straight-on photo of it. Then I could print it, cut it out and play with the size until it looked right on my guitar. I've actually seen some NOS pickguards for these guitars floating around at guitar shows and occasionally on eBay so I was hoping someone had one or knew where I might find one.

Hi Excellente:

Sorry I can't help you on your pick guard search.

Perhaps you can help me on the big question as to when your book on Excellentes may finally become available. Your Excellente fans will all appreciate knowing when to expect it.

Regards,

Moose

Archived