Gibson Brands Forums

The wife unit

Tman

Defended her dissertation today and passed with flying colors. Was even invited to give a lecture about the topic at UCLA.

She started the march of a thousand miles in 2005 after being in business for 10 years.

She is now Dr. Tman!

Defended her dissertation today and passed with flying colors. Was even invited to give a lecture about the topic at UCLA.

She started the march of a thousand miles in 2005 after being in business for 10 years.

She is now Dr. Tman!

Extremely well done & congratulations.

Congratulations!

Anything sparkling from Iron Horse would be an appropriate toast, so we'll do that to her tomorrow!

rct

Started about 2 hours ago (actually Vueve Clicot)! She is in Missouri and me in Cali. We are toasting over Face Time!

Extremely well done & congratulations.

Thanks mate! Long time coming and it is very exciting now.

Smart chicks are hot!

She is and what she's doing with me, hell I don't know. [crying]

[thumbup] I see you married the smartest girl in the room. Me too. Congratulations on her accomplishment and your own good taste.

[thumbup] It's really been a great day. She worked so hard on this essentially a book (147 pages with references). One of the faculty judging her stood up and applauded. Awesome.

thats great Tman. tell her we all said congratulations.

I told her and she said "cool!" [biggrin]

Congratulations to Vanessa and yourself. That is quite the achievement do mind telling us what the subject of her dissertation was? I am sure you both cannot wait for her to return home. By the way how was your arduos day at the office did you have any accidents come in?

Congratulations to Vanessa and yourself. That is quite the achievement do mind telling us what the subject of her dissertation was? I am sure you both cannot wait for her to return home. By the way how was your arduos day at the office did you have any accidents come in?

Thanks Kelly! Her topic was about mobile health and it's implications on protected personal health information. Personal apps we use to monitor our own health are useful for us but are at risk for exploitation. Just like if we do a search for an ES 335 one day and next time we log in we see adverts for 335's. Your own personal health information is subject to the same monitoring. Huge implications. Apps aren't yet at the point of widespread hacking but are at risk. People are paying big money for personal health info. One of the hospitals I work with in LA was the subject of a ransomeware attack, you may have read about it. Scary sh!t man.

She was in command of the subject after having done a very extensive literature review. She knocked it out of the park.

The title was: mHealth: The space where innovative technologies are driving changes in healthcare. A call to action.

Thanks for asking. Interesting stuff.

She is now Dr. Tman!

Some guys have all the luck. Good job Dr. T.

She is now Dr. Tman!

Impressive. Most impressive! [thumbup]

Started about 2 hours ago (actually Vueve Clicot)! She is in Missouri and me in Cali. We are toasting over Face Time!

She could write a paper on WHY I WANT TO BATHE IN CLICQUOT.

Your Iron Horse from the Russian River valley is closest Cali to the Dames' nectar.

rct

Guest Farnsbarns

Excellent news! I shall have to write to you just so I can address something to Dr and Dr T......

Pass on my congratulations.

[thumbup]

1462044272[/url]' post='1765511']

Congratulations to your wife on her great work! [thumbup] Also my congrats to you on being married to such a great wife! [thumbup]

Same here, msp_thumbup.gifcongrats! I married a smart one too. I think she keeps me around because I make her laugh. msp_flapper.gif

Thanks so much Kelly, Badbluesplayer,capmaster, retired, Farns, One L, flying armadillo, rct, saturn, Mr. Gibson and cougar. This forum is such a great place.

It is so funny to see what having a 3 ton yoke being lifted off of someone does to them! To say the last year was stressful is an understatement. Things I said today that may have triggered a nuclear explosion a month ago rolled like water down a ducks back, and even accompanied by laughter! Absolutely awesome!

Monday we are going to Capmaster and Bence territory (actually Austria which is close) for my work and then her graduation present will be to go to Croatia and eat and look at outstanding scenery. Cheers everyone!

Thanks so much Kelly, Badbluesplayer,capmaster, retired, Farns, One L, flying armadillo, rct, saturn, Mr. Gibson and cougar. This forum is such a great place.

It is so funny to see what having a 3 ton yoke being lifted off of someone does to them! To say the last year was stressful is an understatement. Things I said today that may have triggered a nuclear explosion a month ago rolled like water down a ducks back, and even accompanied by laughter! Absolutely awesome!

Monday we are going to Capmaster and Bence territory (actually Austria which is close) for my work and then her graduation present will be to go to Croatia and eat and look at outstanding scenery. Cheers everyone!

Congrats Tman! Ph.D. dissertation defenses are a lot of fun. Did she have to take a qualifier and/or comprehensive exam too? I did my written qualifier a week after I defended my M.S. thesis, and I caught pneumonia to boot. I also got so nervous that I broke out in hives. It was a 9 hour exam on a Saturday. A week later I had to take my oral comprehensive exam, and they drilled me (just to let me know I was a Ph.D. yet). Then you got your dissertation too and defense of it on top of all that! Congrats to her because it's quote an accomplishment. Now she can be on the "giving" side of things. :)

Wow Sounds great. Have fun and safe travels to you and her. Curious about Croatian food, cant say that I am that familiar with it.

Thanks Kelly! Neither of us have been to Croatia either. We ate at a Croatian restaurant before and it was seafood heavy and great but I realize it ain't the same. I'll report back with photos!

Congrats Tman! Ph.D. dissertation defenses are a lot of fun. Did she have to take a qualifier and/or comprehensive exam too? I did my written qualifier a week after I defended my M.S. thesis, and I caught pneumonia to boot. I also got so nervous that I broke out in hives. It was a 9 hour exam on a Saturday. A week later I had to take my oral comprehensive exam, and they drilled me (just to let me know I was a Ph.D. yet). Then you got your dissertation too and defense of it on top of all that! Congrats to her because it's quote an accomplishment. Now she can be on the "giving" side of things. :)

She does have to take a qualifier Psychology exam and it will be in September, right as she is moving back here to California. Her doctorate is a PsyD which is different than what you went through. She did quite a bit of academic work and she has a real academic interest. She doesn't have to do as much research as you had to do as a Ph D. She is now involved in 5 academic papers with her mentor at UCLA though. Crazy but great time.

Archived