Gibson Brands Forums

Boss Mini Wah and RC1 looper

Rabs

The RC1 isn't that new but ive not seen it before today.. I really like the LED light indicator which tells you where it is in the loop, really cool feature [thumbup] (the wah seems pretty good too). They should have used the built in JCM 800 OD rather than that horrid Boss one though..

The RC1 isn't that new but ive not seen it before today.. I really like the LED light indicator which tells you where it is in the loop, really cool feature [thumbup] (the wah seems pretty good too). They should have used the built in JCM 800 OD rather than that horrid Boss one though..

Using a looper with an overdriven amp doesn't really work well because the overdrive is applied to every layer of the loop at once, resulting in mush. If you use an overdrive pedal, you can choose which layers to apply the overdrive to which is much more usable. The setting they were using on the OD sounded harsh to my ears though

That looper looks pretty nice. Probably a little better than the ditto

Using a looper with an overdriven amp doesn't really work well because the overdrive is applied to every layer of the loop at once, resulting in mush. If you use an overdrive pedal, you can choose which layers to apply the overdrive to which is much more usable.

Oh right... Cool.. Didn't know that so cheers :) Makes enough sense.. Even though I know theres a small level control for whats being played back and whats being played live.

Archived