Gibson Brands Forums

Hummingbird Dark

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't Wait , msp_drool.gif Yes Yes Yes ( please ) Funny I was looking at this this morning . Apparently it's designed with a slightly thinner body as well as the dark burst , I also love the colour finish of the pickguard

Hahe he, , , I go maybe maybe maybe. .

I'd go for that, too. Sort of an outlaw black-leather stage version of a 'bird. Looking at his band in the video, the guitar goes with the image.

I like the color! Back and sides are probably gloss black or..?

Gibson, just dont put his name engraved on truss rod cover.. If I dont like is, signature model with engraved names of artist on it.. <_<

I very much like the look, but the decision to change the body depth is not something I agree with. Don't mess with the tone of a classic, but I haven't even played one, so maybe I should not say too much.

Lars

eric_church_946.jpg?w=640&h=360&crop=1

Eric-C_thumb.jpg

I think the dark guitar is better-suited to his attempt to look bad-a** with the leather jacket. (Eric Church: college boy with degree in business.)

And like J45Nick wrote on another post :"Nice guitar! I wouldn't be playing it wearing a leather jacket with all sorts of metal zippers and pulls hanging off it, however."

I really like the look of it. From what I've read and seen of him he's a Hummingbird fan. I just don't understand why they screw around with the guitar's body (if they are). Lars is absolutely right. Why would you mess with the tone and sound. Sure, it's likely an awesome guitar, but it's no longer a Hummingbird. Gibson needs to get someone who is capable of coming-up with some different names for all these variations of classic guitars. My Koa AJ is a great guitar, but is it really an AJ when it's also short-scale? I've kind of always thought the long scale was a defining characteristic of the AJ. Same goes for all these other models: the originals all had something that made them the model that they were. All are great instruments no matter the name, but why can't at least some of these guitars be given a different name? If this particular "bird" turns out to be a full-sized bird, I could get real interested in it if it's also still a hog. Otherwise, it's just another part of the Hummingbird Conglomeration.

Every thread on this forum is mostly about hummingbirds or j45.. its worse, almost every reply on this forum contains word hummingbird or j45.. most of the pictures.... I mean, guys, its not fair. When I registered on this forum there wasn't any warning of GAS... After reading this forum I decided that I need hummingbird or J45 in my guitar collection asap (or maybe when my wallet recovers a bit [biggrin] )... or better BOTH! [thumbup]

You guys are awful!

Every thread on this forum is mostly about hummingbirds or j45.. its worse, almost every reply on this forum contains word hummingbird or j45.. most of the pictures.... I mean, guys, its not fair. When I registered on this forum there wasn't any warning of GAS... After reading this forum I decided that I need hummingbird or J45 in my guitar collection asap (or maybe when my wallet recovers a bit [biggrin] )... or better BOTH! [thumbup]

You guys are awful!

I think this black hummingbird should be a sticky at the top .

Then when someone gets gas they can take a look at it to cure it

I can't believe the love for this guitar .

Case candy is 20 Marlboro reds , a half empty bottle of jack Daniels and a beard detailer

Sheesh guys , have a word with yourselves !

🤒

Case candy is 20 Marlboro reds , a half empty bottle of jack Daniels and a beard detailer

Take it!

I see Target has some Jean Paul Gautier designed leather jackets for $149.95 to finish the look! (Though I think you need to be skinny.... [scared] )

I have the Hummingbird copy in ebony finish waiting for a bonfire, maybe a photo op with JPG jacket for promo purposes.

I like the wood on the back wall in the photo!

BluesKing777.

Gibson needs to get someone who is capable of coming-up with some different names for all these variations of classic guitars.

Would Gibson Blackbird do, , , mmmm, maybe.

And then we'll need an alternative p-guard motif design too. Not too arty - not too kitsch - held back folklore in slightly vintage style.

That would be something.

Last time Gibson came up with a new artistic pick guard - I believe - it was "The Swallow". It was panned by 90% of those who saw it, and an otherwise really good guitar wound up on the chopping block. I'd guess anyone who has one now - or at least a few years from now, will discard that cartoonish p/g and buy a aftermarket tigerstripe one.

But - I agree completely. If you are changing the body - you are creating a new guitar. Say it's "Inspired by Hummingbird" but give it a different model name. And, while I'm up on my soap box - my pet peeve - rename the Hummingbird Pro.

Would Gibson Blackbird do, , , mmmm, maybe.

And then we'll need an alternative p-guard motif design too. Not too arty - not to kitsch - held back folklore in slightly vintage style.

That would be something.

Oh, no - this is gonna be awful: it has to happen, though, or it'll be stuck in my mind all day. The Great Bird Name Audition.... In no particular order: pelican, owl, crane, woodpecker, pigeon, vulture, turkey, turkey buzzard, peacock, ostrich, auk, penguin, goose, plover, albatross, duck, flamingo.... someone else lend a hand here? Or just let it expire naturally?

Archived