Gibson Brands Forums

Camping with guitars.

aerohead

This is not so much about the performance as I forgot the words more than once , you can even see me shake my head when I realize I can't remember words to a song that's 45 years old lol, but about the setting. I'm far enough away from civilization (Northern Ontario) that there isn't even cell phone service available. This is where I parked my 30' travel trailer for the summer! Rock On! Fish On! Ramble uhhhh how's that go again? Oh ya Ramble On!

I too liked it and was really surprised with your vocals, great job. Let me ask you a question please. What tabs and or sheet music did you use to learn it?? I really liked your performance, I dont think I would have the balls to take any of my Gibson's camping. [thumbup]

1462218787[/url]' post='1766058']

I too liked it and was really surprised with your vocals, great job. Let me ask you a question please. What tabs and or sheet music did you use to learn it?? I really liked your performance, I dont think I would have the balls to take any of my Gibson's camping. [thumbup]

I didn't really use tabs or sheet music but I learned a version of this from my brother who plays the opening E & D chords using an open A chord position barred at the 7th fret then releasing to the 5th fret still using the open A chord positioning.But I found I liked the sound and power of the open E chord played in the 13th fret with the low E string open and sliding everything down to the D chord 2 frets back for the intro. Then into the 3 fingered A chord at the 5 th fret letting all the open strings ringing.

I hope that makes sense. I don't have the balls to take my Gibson camping either especially since I dropped the guitar trying to move my chair with the guitar sitting in it. It fell from about 4 feet and was going to land headstock first but I stuck my foot out and it spun the guitar so it landed on the back of the upper bout. Still a sickening feeling as everything goes into slow motion as its tumbling towards the rock. I wiped the visible scratch that I could see and immediately retuned the guitar and started playing so I think I might pull it out of the case now and examine possible damage more closely. I didn't want to ruin my trip by discovering a crack.

That was great.Loved seeing the wilderness. Hope the bears and salmon applauded.I've heard the bears can be a tough gig!

A guy at work used to get some monthly magazine that Martin put out.It had a section where people played their Martin Backpacker guitars out in nature.

I've got one of those guitars.I might throw it in a volcano one day.Not a favorite. [biggrin]

1462225277[/url]' post='1766084']

That was great.Loved seeing the wilderness. Hope the bears and salmon applauded.I've heard the bears can be a tough gig!

A guy at work used to get some monthly magazine that Martin put out.It had a section where people played their Martin Backpacker guitars out in nature.

I've got one of those guitars.I might throw it in a volcano one day.Not a favorite. [biggrin]

The black bears are actually just coming out of hibernation and they are more a nuisance than a threat. You can still see the snow in the background near the culvert. A buddy of mine has a backpacker and I thought he should packer up and sender back! Lol. Expect to see more footage as the summer progresses. I know this is a guitar forum but I can't resist posting this one fishing video from the weekend.

Archived