Gibson Brands Forums

I Wonder What Acoustic Joe Bonamassa Would Play

everyone is entitled to their opinions, mine is, you're missing out on some great stuff..

I do listen to his stuff , gave his last album a try like the others before . Sure there's some good stuff there , but it's just not great to me .

We've all different tastes . No denying his talent

We've all different tastes . No denying his talent

yep, it's all about that BBG, we all like what we like and it's rarely the same from one to another.

I'm into his stuff.

Got a chance to go to see him and his band in January 2015, Wang Center, Boston. not a huge venue, maybe 3,000 ppl?

Sat about 15 rows back dead center, the guy is a machine, and his band was fantastic.

Try finding a DVD he made a few years back.

" An acoustic evening with Joe Bonamassa at the Vienna Opera House" I have one. He has part of his arsenal of acoustics in it.

He does at that....and does he ever play them puppies! :)

In answer to the original question I always used to see him playing an Alvarez when he plugged in acoustically, just like Jerry Garcia. As for his electric playing I was on the fence until one day a while ago I listened to this:

I don't find his emotive skills any less than, say, Eric Clapton or Jimmy Page was at the same age. Given the rather limited crop of younger electric blues guitar players one hears about these days I think he kind of tears it up. He has also figured out how to build a career in the internet era so I think his business skills are admirable too. But to each their own.

I don't find his emotive skills any less than, say, Eric Clapton or Jimmy Page was at the same age.

being a follower of all three, and a fan as well, I still do not agree. these guys did not, do not now and never will have the chops this guy has. just listen to his entire body of work (if you haven't) then again, just my 2 cents

Me too , I always say about blueskings playing On here and try to explain the 'something' he has .

What bluesking has joe bonamassa is missing .

Comes across as 'look what I can do' rather than 'listen to how I FEEL'

Thanks BBG!

What he has that I don't is a large pile of cash and huge amount of guitars! And everything else too, probably...

Whoever dies with the most guitars wins! [biggrin]

P.S. He probably should have gone for a J45 or an L-00 for blues picking, instead of that Bird. No feel in those birds, is there? [confused]

Or an LG3 from the same year as that Les P he is holding. (Hope my LG3 is worth the same as that Les!)

BluesKing777.

Joe B. has more talent in his title finger than I have in my whole body. And, I love his musical taste. And, if he picks Gibby's occasionally - I love his taste in that regard as well.

But, I'm only into acoustics - so there are other players I prefer a bit more.

Archived